Royal Caribbean Closes New Bookings on Cruises Through Early January
Royal Caribbean has closed new bookings for all cruises sailing through early January in light of the evolving health situation.
In a statement, the line said “Cruises departing through early January 2022 are unavailable to new reservations because our ships will continue sailing with a limited capacity to accommodate physical distancing. These sailings were removed from our website as we’ve done with previous cruises in 2021.”
This comes after the line announced stricter indoor mask requirements for all passengers regardless of vaccination status, and temporarily banned smoking in its casinos.
Three More Ships Resume Cruising
Three more ships resumed passenger cruising on Thursday.
Royal Caribbean returned to the Port of Baltimore with its ship Enchantment of the Seas, which is beginning a series of Bahamas and Caribbean voyages.
Norwegian Pearl welcomed guests back onboard in Miami, kicking off a season of Bahamas, Caribbean, and Panama Canal voyages.
And Holland America’s Zuiderdam set sail from San Diego on a 10-night Sea of Cortez cruise. Following the holiday cruise, Zuiderdam will begin a short series of 14-night Panama Canal cruises between San Diego and Fort Lauderdale.
Viking Takes Delivery of First Expedition Ship
Viking took delivery of its first expedition ship, Viking Octantis, on Wednesday during a ceremony at Fincantieri’s VARD shipyard in Norway.
On Thursday, the ship set sail for South America, where it will then prepare to welcome passengers for its first voyages to Antarctica in January. In April, the ship will be officially named and christened in New York City before making her way to the Great Lakes for the spring and summer.
A second identical ship, Viking Polaris, is scheduled to debut in August.
Watch Cruise Radio News Brief [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]