Carnival Waives Cancellation Fees
Carnival Cruise Line has waived cancellation fees for those who are booked on sailings between now and January 14.
Due to the Omicron variant and a rise in COVID cases, the line has tightened its onboard masking protocols and acknowledged that missed port calls are a greater possibility.
With that in mind, the line will work with guests to rebook or cancel a trip if they’re scheduled to sail before January 14 with no cancellation fees. There’s no word yet on whether the offer will extend beyond that date.
Royal Caribbean to Stop Onboard Testing
As of January 5, Royal Caribbean will no longer be offering onboard testing for international guests who need a negative result to return home. Instead, the cruise line’s testing partners will be offering PCR and antigen tests in the terminal after the cruise, with results coming in within an hour.
Through January 31, Royal Caribbean will cover the testing cost. From February 1, the cost will be the responsibility of the guest.
Instructions on how to schedule a post-cruise test appointment will be provided on the ship.
NCLH Crew Members Receive Christmas Bonus
For Christmas, all crew members across the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings brands, which are Norwegian, Oceania, and Regent Seven Seas, received a $100 cash bonus.
In a letter to the crew, Executive VP of Vessel Operations said “Please accept this special gift as a token of our appreciation for your loyalty and recognition for the time you’re spending away from your family and loved ones at this special time of year.”
The bonus was deposited into crew members’ December account.
Watch Cruise Radio News Brief [VIDEO]
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review 
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants