Royal Caribbean Announces 2023 Alaska Schedule
Four Royal Caribbean ships will sail in Alaska in 2023.
Ovation, Quantum, Radiance, and Enchantment of the Seas will all operate seven-night voyages in the northernmost state. The cruises will set sail from Seattle, Vancouver, and Seward between May and September.
Following summer 2022, the 2023 season will be Royal’s second consecutive year with four ships sailing in Alaska.
Former Costa Ship Arrives at Scrapyard
The former Costa Romantica found its way to the scrapyard in Pakistan.
The ship sailed for Costa Cruises from 1993 to 2020, when it was sold off to Celestyal Cruises during the the industry shutdown. The ship never entered service and was eventually sold for scrap.
It was officially beached on Friday, December 3.
Antarctica Cruise Guests See Solar Eclipse
Guests onboard National Geographic Endurance got to see a rare sight when the ship was able to catch the solar eclipse.
Sailing in the southwest Atlantic Ocean near Antarctica, the ship was aligned perfectly to catch a glimpse of the eclipse. Meteorologists and photographers joined guests to capture the sun rising above the horizon making what appeared to be a big smile.
The National Geographic Endurance was launched over the summer and was designed to navigate polar passages year-round.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]