Margaritaville to Launch Rebranded Cruise Ship
Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville has announced that it is launching and rebranding its first cruise ship.
The lifestyle brand has teamed up with Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line to rebrand its Palm Beach-based ship Grand Classica, renaming it Margaritaville Paradise. Bahamas Paradise will also be renamed, becoming Margaritaville at Sea.
The ship will feature completely reimagined spaces that align with the Margaritaville brand, including a 5 o’Clock Somewhere Bar and a LandShark Sports Bar.
Once rebranded, the ship will continue to offer two-night cruises roundtrip from Palm Beach to Freeport, Bahamas.
Norwegian Dawn Resumes Sailings
Norwegian Dawn resumed cruises from Tampa on Wednesday, becoming Norwegian Cruise LIne’s 10th ship back in service.
The ship will offer five to 11-night cruises in the Bahamas and Caribbean through April.
In addition to Dawn, Norwegian Pearl is also scheduled to resume cruises this month when it welcomes passengers on December 23 in Miami.
Royal Caribbean Celebrates One Year Since Restart
Royal Caribbean is celebrating one year since it resumed cruising, starting with Quantum of the Seas in Singapore on December 3, 2020.
To mark the occasion, the line provided some fun facts about its restart.
Over the past 365 days, 21 ships have returned to cruising, carrying over half a million guests.
There have been 168 stops at Perfect Day at CocoCay, with 2,500 passengers taking zip line rides on the private island. How many guests have been to Perfect Day since June? 295,465.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia