Odyssey of the Seas Arrives Home
Royal Caribbean’s Odyssey of the Seas arrived at Port Everglades for the first time early yesterday morning.
The Fort Lauderdale port will be the ship’s home base for a series of six and eight-night western and southern Caribbean cruises, which begin July 3.
Previously, Odyssey was scheduled to sail from Israel this summer. However, because of unrest in the region, Royal canceled the voyages and brought the ship straight to North America.
Adventure of the Seas Readies For Bahamas Cruises
On a similar note, Royal Caribbean had another ship arrive to her summer homeport for the first time this week. Adventure of the Seas pulled into her summer home of Nassau, Bahamas on Wednesday, becoming the first cruise ship to ever homeport there.
From Nassau, Adventure will operate seven-night voyages that visit Cozumel, Freeport, and the line’s private island Perfect Day at CocoCay.
The sailings begin tomorrow, June 12.
Princess Introduces New App Feature
And lastly, Princess Cruises has announced a new service, called CrewCall, that allows passengers to call a crew member to their location.
It will be available on cabin TVs as well as the MedallionClass smartphone app.
A corresponding feature called CrewCall Chat will let guests text a question or request using the app, which will then be answered virtually by a crew member.
CrewCall will be available to passengers as cruises resume this summer.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mardi Gras Behind The Scenes: How Carnival’s First LNG Ship Fuels Up