Steel Cut For New Royal Caribbean Ship
The first steel has been cut for the first ship in Royal Caribbean’s new Icon Class.
Fittingly, the line has revealed that the initial vessel of three will be named Icon of the Seas.
The ceremony was held at Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland, where Royal Caribbean’s first liquefied natural gas-powered ship will be constructed, with its debut scheduled for fall 2023.
Two more ships are set to follow in 2025 and 2026.
Two Alaskan Ports Welcome First Cruise Ship Since 2019
And this past weekend, the small port communities of Haines and Skagway, Alaska welcomed their first cruise ship since 2019.
80 passengers aboard the small coastal ship American Constellation spent Friday in Skagway, then Saturday in Haines.
This past weekend’s visit was one of 12 scheduled visits aboard American Constellation that are set for Haines this summer.
In the coming months, ships from Norwegian Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean are also scheduled to visit Skagway.
Cruising is Making a Strong Comeback
A new survey from Expedia is giving us even more confirmation that cruising is making a stronger than ever comeback.
It says 44 percent of new cruise bookings are for 2021, with 20 percent being cruises that are departing this summer.
Also, despite cruises costing more per person than pre-pandemic, people are still price shopping and comparing across different lines.
Coming in after value was booking a cruise based on how environmentally friendly the cruise line is.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE18 hours ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again