More Cruise Lines Return to Service
Two more cruise lines returned to service over the weekend, taking U.S. residents aboard.
Celebrity’s newest build Apex, which was originally scheduled to launch in March of 2020, set sail on a seven-night maiden voyage from Athens, Greece on Saturday evening. Windstar Cruises’ Wind Star also sailed from Athens.
Back in the Caribbean, the newly transformed Star Breeze sailed from St. Maarten the same day.
This Saturday, Celebrity Edge is expected to be the first large cruise ship to sail from the U.S. since the start of the industry shutdown, departing from Port Everglades.
Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas also departed on Sunday afternoon on a two-night test voyage from Port Miami.
MSC Reveals U.S. Based Cruise Protocols
MSC Cruises has announced their return to cruise protocols for guests whey they return to Florida in a couple months.
Both fully and non-vaccinated guests will be allowed to sail when Caribbean voyages begin.
The line said “Guests who are not fully vaccinated will be required to purchase MSC Cruises’ Travel Insurance & COVID-19 Protection Services and will be subject to more stringent protocols on board.”
The mandatory travel insurance starts at $90 per guest.
Regardless of vaccine status, every guest will undergo testing at embarkation.
Security Breach at Carnival Corporation
Carnival Corporation released information late last week that a data breach could have leaked sensitive guest information Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, and Holland America Line.
Although the company did not say how many people’s information was exposed, a letter to those impacted said it could have been everything from legal names and birthdays to passport numbers and health information.
A cyber security firm is currently investigating the breach.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Rescues 8 People Off the Coast of Florida [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Resumes Sailings From Los Angeles
- Royal Caribbean CEO: ‘It’s Time to Focus on the Future’