Freedom of the Seas Sets Sail on Test Cruise
We’re learning more about the test cruise that Royal Caribbean has been conducting from over the past couple days from PortMiami.
Freedom of the Seas departed for a two-night simulated sailing on Sunday evening with 600 volunteers onboard.
A representative from the CDC is also sailing, and will be checking off embarkation and disembarkation procedures, mask and social distancing protocols on board, food service, and even the logistics of a port calls. Which, for this test cruise, is Royal’s private island Perfect Day at CocoCay.
If all goes well, Freedom of the Seas will set sail on her first revenue cruise on July 2 from PortMiami.
Holland America Announces More Ship Restart Dates
Holland America Line is the next Carnival Corporation brand the roll out a phased-in resumption of service.
Aside from Alaska cruises this summer, In September Zuiderdam will sail from San Diego, followed by Koningsdam in October.
On the east coast, starting in October, Nieuw Amsterdam will sail from Port Everglades. In November, Rotterdam, Eurodam, and Nieuw Statendam will also sail from the south Florida port.
Popular Guy’s Burger Now Available For Delivery
Fans of Guy’s Burger Joint on Carnival cruise ships will be excited to learn that Guy’s land-based Flavortown Kitchen has expanded its menu for a limited time.
The “Straight Up” burger is now available to order via food delivery apps like Uber Eats, Postmates, DoorDash, and Grubhub. It costs $11.99.
Since 2011, Guy’s Burger Joint has expanded to all 24 Carnival ships.
Fun Fact: roughly eight million Guy’s burgers are served onboard every year — that’s about eight billion calories.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
BEFORE YOU CRUISE13 hours ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again