Freedom of the Seas Sets Sail on Test Cruise
We’re learning more about the test cruise that Royal Caribbean has been conducting from over the past couple days from PortMiami.
Freedom of the Seas departed for a two-night simulated sailing on Sunday evening with 600 volunteers onboard.
A representative from the CDC is also sailing, and will be checking off embarkation and disembarkation procedures, mask and social distancing protocols on board, food service, and even the logistics of a port calls. Which, for this test cruise, is Royal’s private island Perfect Day at CocoCay.
If all goes well, Freedom of the Seas will set sail on her first revenue cruise on July 2 from PortMiami.
Holland America Announces More Ship Restart Dates
Holland America Line is the next Carnival Corporation brand the roll out a phased-in resumption of service.
Aside from Alaska cruises this summer, In September Zuiderdam will sail from San Diego, followed by Koningsdam in October.
On the east coast, starting in October, Nieuw Amsterdam will sail from Port Everglades. In November, Rotterdam, Eurodam, and Nieuw Statendam will also sail from the south Florida port.
Popular Guy’s Burger Now Available For Delivery
Fans of Guy’s Burger Joint on Carnival cruise ships will be excited to learn that Guy’s land-based Flavortown Kitchen has expanded its menu for a limited time.
The “Straight Up” burger is now available to order via food delivery apps like Uber Eats, Postmates, DoorDash, and Grubhub. It costs $11.99.
Since 2011, Guy’s Burger Joint has expanded to all 24 Carnival ships.
Fun Fact: roughly eight million Guy’s burgers are served onboard every year — that’s about eight billion calories.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Rescues 8 People Off the Coast of Florida [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Resumes Sailings From Los Angeles
- Royal Caribbean CEO: ‘It’s Time to Focus on the Future’