Celebrity Edge Coded Red, Still Able to Sail
This weekend, Celebrity Edge will be the first cruise ship to sail out of a U.S. port since the entire industry was shut down.
But guests scheduled to board on Saturday became concerned when the ship was coded red by the CDC. Generally speaking, that means someone on board has tested positive for COVID-19.
Celebrity released a statement on Wednesday explaining that during the past week, one of the 900 crew members on board tested positive. The line said that “that crew member has since been moved off the ship and all crew have retested negative.”
The ship is scheduled to depart Port Everglades at 7 pm on Saturday evening.
Norwegian Cancels More Cruises
Norwegian Cruise Line has canceled cruises on five more ships, saying that the decision was “in support of our phased return to service.”
The following voyages have been canceled:
- Pride of America through November 20
- Norwegian Dawn through November 21
- Norwegian Joy through November 13
- Norwegian Sky through January 21
- Norwegian Star through January 2
Additionally, earlier this month the line announced that Norwegian Sky bookings from September 5 to October 10 will be moved to a different itinerary aboard Norwegian Gem as an equipment swap.
Carnival Corporation Details Cruise Line Restarts
Carnival Corporation announced today that eight of its cruise lines have plans to restart a total of 42 ships this year.
Its 2021 restart represents 52 percent of the company’s total capacity across its global fleet of 91 ships.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of July 25, 2021
- Carnival Leads Port Canaveral Return with Mardi Gras Sailing
- Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise
- Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
- Viking Resumes Cruises on the Seine and Rhône Rivers in France
- Holland America Takes Delivery of New Flagship
- Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
- Carnival Horizon, a Journey in Photos Day 4: Sea Day, Part 2
- Cruise News Today — July 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need to Know About Mardi Gras’ Loft 19 and Its Cabanas
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
EDITORIAL5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Offers Sneak Peek of Mardi Gras