Carnival Announces Godmother of Newly Renovated Ship
Carnival has announced that the godmother of its renovated and renamed ship Carnival Radiance will be Shaquille O’Neal’s mom.
Dr. Lucille O’Neal will have the honor of officially naming and blessing the vessel during a ceremony in Long Beach, California next month. During the celebrations, she and Shaq will cut the ribbon to his Big Chicken restaurant on board — the second one on a cruise ship after Mardi Gras.
From Long Beach, Carnival Radiance will operate three and four-night voyages to Ensenada and Catalina Island.
Carnival Cancels Four Sailings on Sunrise
Carnival Cruise Line has canceled four sailings on Carnival Sunrise this spring for maintenance.
The ship will be heading to dry dock in late April, causing cruises from April 23 to May 21 to now be canceled.
Carnival is offering booked guests a comparable sailing instead, as well as a $25 per person onboard credit. Those who don’t wish to reschedule will receive a full refund.
MSC Seashore Arrives in Miami
MSC Cruises’ new ship MSC Seashore arrived to her new homeport of Miami on Sunday morning.
The vessel sets sail today on a special cruise to MSC’s island Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, where she will be christened.
On Saturday, Seashore will kick off her year-round schedule of seven to 16-night cruises to the Bahamas and Caribbean. This winter, she will be one of four MSC ships sailing in the Bahamas and Caribbean region.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Celebrates One Year Since Restart, Reveals Fun Facts
- Cruise News Today — December 8, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Jimmy Buffett Launches Cruise Line, Rebrands Ship [IMAGES]
- Carnival Releases 2021 Christmas Day Dinner Menu
- Carnival Radiance Cruise & Entertainment Directors Announced
- Cruise News Today — December 7, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Virgin Voyages Donates 500 Cabins to Healthcare Providers
- Saying Goodbye to My Dad, Captain Parker
- Passport Card vs. Book: Which Should I Get?
- Cruise News Today — December 6, 2021 [VIDEO]