Celebrity Apex Christened
Celebrity Cruises’ newest ship has officially been christened. Celebrity Apex was christened and named during a ceremony in Port Everglades on Tuesday.
Last week marked the first time Apex sailed from the United States. Now following the inaugural cruise, she will begin sailing rotating eastern and western Caribbean itineraries.
Earlier this summer, Apex made her global debut with Greek Isles voyages.
Viking Orion Stops in St. Thomas
Viking’s ocean ship Viking Orion called in St. Thomas for the first time on Sunday. The call was part of a 15-night “West Indies Treasures” cruise, which visited nine ports.
This past summer, Orion operated a series of voyages in Bermuda roundtrip from its capital of Hamilton.
Cruise Critic Releases Survey Results
Website Cruise Critic has released the results of a survey conducted with 5,000 of its members.
The results show that cruise booking trends remain steady and consumers have confidence in the industry’s health and safety protocols. 66 percent said they currently have a cruise booked, with 65 percent sailing in the next six months.
When asked about the length of the next cruise they’d likely book, over half said 10 nights or longer.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Forced to Cancel Two Horizon Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line’s John Heald on Increased Capacity, Pier-Side Testing, Football and More
- MSC Cruises Christens New Ship in Dubai
- Welcome Back: Another Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 29, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Key West Reopened to Cruise Ships Over Weekend, Restrictions Apply
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras