San Diego Welcomes Return of Cruise Ships
The Port of San Diego is set to welcome its first two cruise ships since the industry shutdown early last year.
Disney Wonder will depart from the city today on a four-night cruise to Cabo San Lucas. Grand Princess set sail from Los Angeles on Thursday, and will stop in San Diego today as a port call during a voyage to Ensenada.
The port says it expects over 100 cruise calls from now through May, primarily from Holland America, Princess, Celebrity, and Disney.
Royal Caribbean Commits to Enhancements on USVI Ports
During the Seatrade cruise conference this week, Royal Caribbean announced that it has signed a memorandum of understanding to develop and enhance the cruise ports in St. Croix and St. Thomas. The memorandum is a commitment from Royal to extend its current 10 year preferential berthing agreement at the cruise facilities in St. Thomas’ Crown Bay, and Frederiksted, St. Croix.
The line’s involvement will include adding a third pier to Crown Bay, and dredging St. Croix’s pier to allow it to accommodate larger cruise ships.
Royal’s current agreement with the Virgin Islands Port Authority was made in June 2016.
Seabourn Encore Set to Return to Service Sooner Than Expected
Seabourn’s luxury ship Seabourn Encore is set to return to service sooner than previously scheduled.
The vessel will now operate a series of new 10 and 11-night Canary Islands and Mediterranean itineraries beginning February 19. In April, Encore will begin her previously scheduled series of eastern Mediterranean voyages.
The new February to April cruises will open for booking on October 5.
Carnival Miracle Arrives in Ensenada
Carnival Miracle arrived in Ensenada, Mexico on Wednesday, marking the first time the ship has been there since the industry shutdown. The ship arrived in her fall and winter homeport of Long Beach on Monday.
Earlier this year, Miracle was sailing seven-night Alaska voyages from Seattle.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Princess Cays
- Final Thoughts: 9 Pros and Cons of Majestic Princess
- Cruise News Today — October 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- MSC Will Pay River Cruise Line $2.7 Million After 2019 Collision
- Tampa Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 19 Months
- 9 Freebies on Cruise Ships
- Third U.S. Based Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Service