Two Cruise Lines Extend Vaccine Mandates
Princess Cruises and Holland America have announced that they have extended their vaccination and pre-cruise testing requirements through February 2022.
Pre-cruise testing must be antigen or PCR, taken within two days of embarkation.
The lines have also extended its mask requirement through February, which applies to elevators, indoor entertainment venues, shops, the casino, and dining rooms unless eating or drinking.
Viking Announces Next Ocean Ship Debut
Viking has announced that its next ocean ship will debut in early 2023, and be called Viking Saturn.
The vessel will sail in the Nordic region, operating two new 15-night itineraries that call in Iceland, Greenland, Norway, and Canada. As well, a popular eight-night cruise around Iceland will be returning aboard Viking Star.
Like Viking’s other ocean ships, Saturn will be 47,800 gross tons and hold 930 passengers.
Expedition Ship Comes to Florida Port
JAXPORT Cruise Terminal in Jacksonville hosted a new ship for a nine-hour port visit on Wednesday.
Vantage Deluxe World Travel’s expedition vessel Ocean Explorer stopped in Jacksonville as the first port of call on an itinerary from Nassau, Bahamas.
The ship will visit six other east coast ports before returning to the Bahamas.
Aside from its homeported ship Carnival Ecstasy, JAXPORT occasionally sees vessels stopping for a port call — the most recent being residential ship The World in 2017.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Two Cruise Lines Extend Australia Pause Into 2022
- Report: Surprises From the CDC’s Updated Conditional Sailing Order
- Cruise News Today — October 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship