Princess Announces Early 2022 Restart Plans
Princess Cruises has announced plans for three more ships to resume sailings in early 2022.
Crown Princess is set to return on February 13 out of Los Angeles, operating California Coast and Hawaii voyages. Island Princess is scheduled to begin Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale on March 6. Royal Princess scheduled for California Coast sailings from Vancouver on April 8.
To accommodate this new restart plan, select cruises on Crown Princess have been canceled. Booked passengers will be contacted by Princess for their options.
Captain Kate to Take the Helm on Celebrity Beyond
Celebrity Cruises has appointed Captain Kate McCue as the head of its upcoming ship Celebrity Beyond. McCue is currently captain of Celebrity Edge, and is the only American woman to captain a large cruise ship.
Celebrity Beyond is set to debut in April 2022, and will be the largest vessel in the Celebrity fleet. It will sail in the Mediterranean for a season before heading over to the Caribbean in October.
Two Windstar Yachts Are Sailing in French Polynesia
Windstar Cruises has announced that two of its six yachts are now sailing in French Polynesia, giving the line the largest presence for a small ship line in the region.
Windstar resumed French Polynesia cruises in July aboard Wind Spirit, which was built specifically for that region. Now, Star Breeze will begin sailings there as well on October 17, and will stay in the region through March.
This will allow Wind Spirit to receive planned maintenance and updates without interrupting passenger operations in Tahiti.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Celebrates One Year Since Restart, Reveals Fun Facts
- Cruise News Today — December 8, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Jimmy Buffett Launches Cruise Line, Rebrands Ship [IMAGES]
- Carnival Releases 2021 Christmas Day Dinner Menu
- Carnival Radiance Cruise & Entertainment Directors Announced
- Cruise News Today — December 7, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Virgin Voyages Donates 500 Cabins to Healthcare Providers
- Saying Goodbye to My Dad, Captain Parker
- Passport Card vs. Book: Which Should I Get?
- Cruise News Today — December 6, 2021 [VIDEO]