Former Carnival Fascination Sold For Scrap
The former Carnival Fascination is headed to the scrapyard.
Last year, Carnival sold the vessel to Chinese operator Century Harmony Cruises Limited, which was going to use it as a hotel ship. Now, Century has sold the vessel for scrap.
Carnival Fascination was part of Carnival’s Fantasy-class, and launched in 1994. In her final years, the vessel was home ported in Jacksonville through 2017, and then San Juan, Puerto Rico until the pandemic.
She was the fourth Fantasy-class ship that Carnival sold during the shutdown.
MSC Prepares to Welcome International Guests to U.S. Cruises
MSC Cruises is preparing to welcome non-U.S. residents aboard its American-based ships starting November 8.
The new comes after the U.S. government’s announcement that fully-vaccinated international travelers will soon be able to enter the country.
Currently, two MSC ships are already sailing from Florida to the Bahamas and Caribbean. A third, MSC Seashore, will begin sailings from Miami on November 20.
To sail, guests need to be fully vaccinated and international cruisers must have a travel insurance policy that covers COVID-19 related risks.
Marella Cruises Acquires New Ship
British line Marella Cruises recently announced that it has acquired a new ship. The Marella Voyager was first launched as Celebrity Mercury in 1997, and then previously was with Mein Schiff. It will debut completely renovated in summer 2023.
Voyager will enter service on June 3, 2023 from Palma de Mallorca and will include a secret speakeasy bar on board.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Celebrates One Year Since Restart, Reveals Fun Facts
- Cruise News Today — December 8, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Jimmy Buffett Launches Cruise Line, Rebrands Ship [IMAGES]
- Carnival Releases 2021 Christmas Day Dinner Menu
- Carnival Radiance Cruise & Entertainment Directors Announced
- Cruise News Today — December 7, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Virgin Voyages Donates 500 Cabins to Healthcare Providers
- Saying Goodbye to My Dad, Captain Parker
- Passport Card vs. Book: Which Should I Get?
- Cruise News Today — December 6, 2021 [VIDEO]