Carnival Breaks Records with St. Jude Donations
$21,600 dollars. That’s how much was raised for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital on Carnival’s latest Mardi Gras sailing.
The ship’s godmother joined Carnival president Christine Duffy and Cruise Director Mike Pack for a Groove For St. Jude deck party and fundraiser. During the sea day event, passengers broke Mardi Gras’ record for donations to the research hospital.
The vessel was christened last weekend during an event in Port Canaveral.
Lots of Ships in Nassau
Nassau, Bahamas saw quite the all-star lineup of ships on Friday.
Disney Magic, which is on her first cruise from the U.S. since the shutdown was there, along with Carnival’s Mardi Gras on her official inaugural voyage.
Celebrity Apex was in town too, on a three-night sailing from Fort Lauderdale. This was her second cruise from the United States ever.
Royal Caribbean Details World Cruise Bookings
And finally, we are learning more about the Royal Caribbean world cruise that’ll set sail in 2023.
On Friday morning’s earnings call, Royal Caribbean President Michael Bayley said that within the first seven days of going on sale, 70 percent of the ships were already sold out.
Balcony cabins for the 274-night cruise started at $75,000 per guest, and the Royal Suite has already sold for $760,000.
The Ultimate World Cruise will be held aboard Serenade of the Seas and will depart PortMiami on December 10, 2023, returning on September 10, 2024.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Celebrates One Year Since Restart, Reveals Fun Facts
- Cruise News Today — December 8, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Jimmy Buffett Launches Cruise Line, Rebrands Ship [IMAGES]
- Carnival Releases 2021 Christmas Day Dinner Menu
- Carnival Radiance Cruise & Entertainment Directors Announced
- Cruise News Today — December 7, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Virgin Voyages Donates 500 Cabins to Healthcare Providers
- Saying Goodbye to My Dad, Captain Parker
- Passport Card vs. Book: Which Should I Get?
- Cruise News Today — December 6, 2021 [VIDEO]