Wonder of the Seas Won’t Debut in China
Royal Caribbean has announced that its upcoming mega-ship Wonder of the Seas will no longer be debuting in China.
The Oasis class vessel is instead now scheduled to make her first voyages in the Caribbean starting in March.
Wonder will operate seven-night eastern and western Caribbean voyages from Port Everglades, all featuring a stop at Perfect Day at CocoCay.
In May, the ship will head to Europe to operate seven-night Mediterranean cruises.
Wonder of the Seas is Royal’s fifth Oasis-class vessel, and is currently the largest cruise ship in the world.
Carnival Nixes Pier-Side Testing Idea
Carnival Cruise Line has announced that despite exploring the option of pier-side COVID-19 testing, it will not be moving forward with the idea.
In a letter to cruisers, Carnival’s president Christine Duffy said that “the logistics of making this service widely available to a large number of guests does not make this a viable option.”
Right now, all vaccinated guests must present a negative PCR or antigen test taken within two days of embarkation. Unvaccinated guests are required to show negative results from a PCR test taken between 3 days and 24 hours before the sail date. Approved at-home tests are being accepted.
Carnival Australia Extends Cruise Pause
Carnival Cruise Line Australia has announced an extension of its cruise pause through at least January 16, 2022. Previously, the pause ran through mid-December.
Carnival Spirit is scheduled to begin sailings in January from Brisbane, while Carnival Splendor will depart from Sydney.
Passengers booked on now-canceled cruises will receive a 100 percent future cruise credit. If guests rebook by December 31, they will also receive onboard credit.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Two Cruise Lines Extend Australia Pause Into 2022
- Report: Surprises From the CDC’s Updated Conditional Sailing Order
- Cruise News Today — October 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship