Empress of the Seas Begins Life With New Line
The former Royal Caribbean ship Empress of the Seas is now sailing again at a new home.
Indian line Cordelia Cruises bought the vessel from Royal last year, shortening her name to simply ‘Empress,’ and did renovations.
Last week, the vessel set sail on her first voyage from Mumbai on a two-night cruise to nowhere. The ship is currently sailing at full capacity with fully-vaccinated residents of India.
Oceania Cruises Breaks Another Booking Record
Just six months after breaking a booking record, Oceania Cruises has done it again.
The line opened 2023 inaugural season bookings for its upcoming ship Vista on September 15 at 9 am. By 10:30 am, the number of bookings had already surpassed Oceania’s most recent record set this past March.
There were a total of 18 voyages that went on sale, with itineraries ranging from 10 to 24 nights long. Oceania is now reporting that almost half of the ship’s inaugural season inventory is already sold.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Princess Cays
- Final Thoughts: 9 Pros and Cons of Majestic Princess
- Cruise News Today — October 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- MSC Will Pay River Cruise Line $2.7 Million After 2019 Collision
- Tampa Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 19 Months
- 9 Freebies on Cruise Ships
- Third U.S. Based Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Service