Celebrity Edge to Head Down Under
Celebrity Cruises has announced that its ship Celebrity Edge will be sailing in a new region for the winter 2023-24 season.
The vessel will head Down Under to operate six to 13-night voyages around Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific.
Highlights of the season will include calls at Kangaroo Island and overnight stays in Cairns, Australia; Auckland, New Zealand; and Hobart, Tasmania. 12 different itineraries will be available in total, with departures from Sydney and Auckland.
Bookings will open to the public on October 14.
Princess Extends Australia/New Zealand Pause
Princess Cruises has extended its pause of Australia and New Zealand sailings through mid-January 2022.
As a result of the pause, Coral Princess voyages through January 17 are now canceled, and Royal and Sapphire Princess cruises are canceled through to March. Affected guests can choose between being rebooked on an equivalent cruise with protected fare, receiving 110 percent future cruise credit, or getting a full refund.
Jamaica Tourism Minister Addresses Local Vendors’ Concerns
Jamaica’s tourism minister, Hon Edmund Bartlett, addressed the concerns of local vendors this week, promising them that the cruise industry’s rebound would soon be in full swing.
His comments came after some vendors complained that during Carnival Sunrise‘s recent visit, passengers were taken to jewelry stores and attractions such as Dunn’s River Falls as opposed to the smaller craft-centric markets.
Bartlett urged patience, saying that as the number of ships visiting from various cruise lines increases in the weeks ahead, tourism dollars would be more evenly spread among the many vendors who rely on visiting passengers for their income.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Princess Cays
- Final Thoughts: 9 Pros and Cons of Majestic Princess
- Cruise News Today — October 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- MSC Will Pay River Cruise Line $2.7 Million After 2019 Collision
- Tampa Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 19 Months
- 9 Freebies on Cruise Ships
- Third U.S. Based Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Service
- Carnival Raises Nearly $300,000 in 3 Months For St. Jude