Carnival Victory Becomes Carnival Radiance
It’s official. Carnival Cruise Line’s Carnival Victory has finally been renamed Carnival Radiance.
The project, which was first announced a couple years ago and held up because of the shutdown and shipyard delays, is now moving full speed ahead. The vessel is now in the final stages of a $200 million bow-to-stern makeover in Cadiz, Spain.
Radiance is set to debut in Long Beach, California in early December.
Half of Carnival Corporation’s Ships to Resume By End of October
Carnival Corporation is almost at the half-way point of its restart.
To date, eight of the company’s nine cruise line brands – Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn, Costa Cruises, AIDA Cruises, P&O Cruises (UK) and Cunard – have resumed guest sailings.
By the end of October, those eight brands have announced they will be operating 42 ships, marking the return of over 50 percent of the company’s global fleet capacity, as part of overall restart efforts around the world.
The company says it plans to be sailing at 65 percent capacity by January.
Royal Caribbean Group to Build New Cruise Terminal in Italy
Royal Caribbean Group has announced plans to build a new cruise terminal in Ravenna, Italy.
The terminal is set for a spring 2024 completion, and the hope is for it to become a future cruise ship homeport. It will include a crew center, tourist information desk, spaces for local street food, and an elevated walkway.
The project overall will also include public green spaces, pedestrian pathways, and entertainment areas for both locals and visitors.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Two Cruise Lines Extend Australia Pause Into 2022
- Report: Surprises From the CDC’s Updated Conditional Sailing Order
- Cruise News Today — October 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship