Two More Cruise Ships Have Resumed Sailing
Two more cruise ships have returned to cruising. For the first time in over 18 months, both Grand Princess and Norwegian Breakaway are sailing again.
Norwegian Cruise Line’s Breakaway departed New York City on Sunday for a seven-night Bermuda cruise. Through October, the ship will sail to both Bermuda from NYC. In November, the vessel will move to New Orleans to operate western Caribbean cruises.
Over on the west coast, Princess Cruises’ Grand Princess is on a five-night cruise to Cabo San Lucas from Los Angeles.
Grand Classica Arrives Back in Florida
Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line’s ship Grand Classica has arrived back home in Florida.
For most of September, New Orleans-based energy company Entergy chartered the vessel to house workers who were restoring power to the region following Hurricane Ida.
Grand Classica has now arrived back in her homeport in Palm Beach, from where she resumed two-night cruises to Grand Bahama Island on Sunday, September 26.
Carnival Corporation CEO Says Restart Plan is on Track
Despite posting another massive quarterly loss, Carnival Corporation’s restart plan is on track.
During an earnings call on Friday, CEO Arnold Donald said that the company’s return cruises are already cash positive as eight of its nine cruise line brands have resumed sailings.
Even so, third quarter volumes are lower than Q2, which the executive blames on the COVID delta variant. Despite this, open bookings for as far out as 2023 are strong, proving that future demand is high for Carnival cruising.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Two Cruise Lines Extend Australia Pause Into 2022
- Report: Surprises From the CDC’s Updated Conditional Sailing Order
- Cruise News Today — October 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship