Carnival Glory Chartered By FEMA
Carnival Glory is the next ship to be taken out of service and chartered by FEMA to house hospital workers after Hurricane Ida struck in Louisiana. The ship is expected to be chartered until September 18, making the return to service date September 19.
Glory was originally slated to resume cruises over the weekend, but due to storm damage in the area, the line postponed its return.
On Friday, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line chartered Grand Classica to power company Entergy for hurricane relief as well.
Scarlet Lady Departs England
Virgin Voyages’ inaugural season has come to an end after three months operating its “Summer Soiree” series from Portsmouth, England.
The city bid farewell to the line’s ship Scarlet Lady by lighting the Spinnaker Tower red as the vessel departed the United Kingdom for a transatlantic crossing bound for New York City.
Starting in October, Scarlet Lady will spend the fall and winter sailing four and five-night voyages from Miami, Florida.
Golden Princess Joins P&O Australia Fleet
The former Princess cruise ship Golden Princess is out of dry dock and has joined the P&O Australia fleet under the name Pacific Adventure.
When cruising does resume down under, the 3,100 guest ship will homeport in Sydney.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: MSC Meraviglia Review 2021 + News
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras