Anthem of the Seas to Sail in UK
Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas has been added to the bustling UK summer 2021 cruise lineup. Starting June 15, the ship will operate four to eight-night cruises from Southampton.
Royal Caribbean is giving away 999 cabins to key workers in health, social care, and the armed forces in recognition of their efforts to combat the pandemic.
The number is no accident — 999 is the UK equivalent of the 911 emergency services number in North America. These sailings are only open to residents of the UK.
Odyssey of the Seas Delivered to Royal Caribbean
During a virtual ceremony streamed online, Odyssey of the Seas officially became part of the Royal Caribbean family.
Odyssey is the second Quantum Ultra-class ship, and will begin her maiden season this summer sailing from Israel.
Following Israel, the ship will head to Fort Lauderdale, Florida to begin a schedule of six to eight-night Caribbean cruises. Odyssey is the 25th vessel in the Royal Caribbean fleet.
Queen Mary’s Future Hangs in the Balance
There’s more uncertainty for the Queen Mary.
Once the fastest ship in the world, the Queen Mary has been permanently docked in Long Beach, California for over 50 years. Now the iconic ship’s future is in doubt as its lease is going up for auction May 20, after its current operator filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in January.
The floating hotel is one of 15 assets that Eagle Hospitality Trust is auctioning. The opening price for the portfolio is $470 million.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Debuts First World Cruise, 274 Nights
- JetBlue Taps Cruising Market With Flight + Cruise Packages
- Cruise News Today — October 20, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Celebrity Edge-Class Ships to Sail in Europe in 2023
- MSC Prepares to Welcome International Cruise Guests on U.S. Sailings
- Makeup Ideas For Themed Cruise Ship Deck Parties
- Princess Cruises Offers 50% Off Deal For First Responders & Medical Professionals
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update