Anthem of the Seas to Sail in UK
Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas has been added to the bustling UK summer 2021 cruise lineup. Starting June 15, the ship will operate four to eight-night cruises from Southampton.
Royal Caribbean is giving away 999 cabins to key workers in health, social care, and the armed forces in recognition of their efforts to combat the pandemic.
The number is no accident — 999 is the UK equivalent of the 911 emergency services number in North America. These sailings are only open to residents of the UK.
Odyssey of the Seas Delivered to Royal Caribbean
During a virtual ceremony streamed online, Odyssey of the Seas officially became part of the Royal Caribbean family.
Odyssey is the second Quantum Ultra-class ship, and will begin her maiden season this summer sailing from Israel.
Following Israel, the ship will head to Fort Lauderdale, Florida to begin a schedule of six to eight-night Caribbean cruises. Odyssey is the 25th vessel in the Royal Caribbean fleet.
Queen Mary’s Future Hangs in the Balance
There’s more uncertainty for the Queen Mary.
Once the fastest ship in the world, the Queen Mary has been permanently docked in Long Beach, California for over 50 years. Now the iconic ship’s future is in doubt as its lease is going up for auction May 20, after its current operator filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in January.
The floating hotel is one of 15 assets that Eagle Hospitality Trust is auctioning. The opening price for the portfolio is $470 million.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies