Anthem of the Seas to Sail in UK
Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas has been added to the bustling UK summer 2021 cruise lineup. Starting June 15, the ship will operate four to eight-night cruises from Southampton.
Royal Caribbean is giving away 999 cabins to key workers in health, social care, and the armed forces in recognition of their efforts to combat the pandemic.
The number is no accident — 999 is the UK equivalent of the 911 emergency services number in North America. These sailings are only open to residents of the UK.
Odyssey of the Seas Delivered to Royal Caribbean
During a virtual ceremony streamed online, Odyssey of the Seas officially became part of the Royal Caribbean family.
Odyssey is the second Quantum Ultra-class ship, and will begin her maiden season this summer sailing from Israel.
Following Israel, the ship will head to Fort Lauderdale, Florida to begin a schedule of six to eight-night Caribbean cruises. Odyssey is the 25th vessel in the Royal Caribbean fleet.
Queen Mary’s Future Hangs in the Balance
There’s more uncertainty for the Queen Mary.
Once the fastest ship in the world, the Queen Mary has been permanently docked in Long Beach, California for over 50 years. Now the iconic ship’s future is in doubt as its lease is going up for auction May 20, after its current operator filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in January.
The floating hotel is one of 15 assets that Eagle Hospitality Trust is auctioning. The opening price for the portfolio is $470 million.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Viking Begins Mediterranean Cruises From Malta
- Bimini Island Welcomes First Carnival Cruise Ship
- Disney Will Restart Cruises From Florida in August 2021
- St. Kitts Welcomes Its First Cruise Ship Since Industry Shutdown
- Disney Cruise Line Wants To Base Ship Year-Round At Port Everglades
- Celebrity Cruises Wins 12 Awards From ‘Wine Spectator’ Magazine
- MSC Seashore Kids’ Clubs, Activities Detailed Ahead of Debut
- Alaska Welcomes First Revenue Cruise In Nearly Two Years
- 16 Photos of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 
- Princess Cruises Announces Discovery Princess Leadership Team