Norwegian Cruise Line Changes FCC Policy
Norwegian Cruise Line has made changes to its refund/Future Cruise Credit policy, which could make it easier to get a refund.
Norwegian said, “To offer our guests even more flexibility for future vacation planning, many who hold outstanding Future Cruise Credits (FCC) may now submit a request to convert their FCC to a monetary refund.”
Guests who elect to request their FCC to a monetary refund will receive the original cruise fare paid, back to their original form of payment and forfeit any bonus FCC.
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You to Cruise
Despite increasing pressure from several different directions to reopen the cruise industry, the US Centers for Disease Control is clear on at least one thing — it still thinks cruising is a bad idea.
CDC recommends that all people avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide. The agency says the chance of getting COVID-19 on cruise ships is high since the virus appears to spread more easily between people in close quarters aboard ships.
The Cruise Lines International Association notes that its members have carried over 400,000 passengers over the past several months — the vast majority unvaccinated — with fewer than 50 COVID cases found.
Juneau Residents Want to Limit Ship Visits
Before ships even return to Alaska, one city is trying to limit the visits vessels can make there.
Eleven Juneau, Alaska residents have filed affidavits to limit cruise ship hours, have ship free Saturdays, and cap the size limit of cruise ships to 100,000 people after January 1, 2026.
The hope is to make the ballot for this fall’s election.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Forced to Cancel Two Horizon Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line’s John Heald on Increased Capacity, Pier-Side Testing, Football and More
- MSC Cruises Christens New Ship in Dubai
- Welcome Back: Another Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 29, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Key West Reopened to Cruise Ships Over Weekend, Restrictions Apply
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras