Norwegian Cruise Line Changes FCC Policy
Norwegian Cruise Line has made changes to its refund/Future Cruise Credit policy, which could make it easier to get a refund.
Norwegian said, “To offer our guests even more flexibility for future vacation planning, many who hold outstanding Future Cruise Credits (FCC) may now submit a request to convert their FCC to a monetary refund.”
Guests who elect to request their FCC to a monetary refund will receive the original cruise fare paid, back to their original form of payment and forfeit any bonus FCC.
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You to Cruise
Despite increasing pressure from several different directions to reopen the cruise industry, the US Centers for Disease Control is clear on at least one thing — it still thinks cruising is a bad idea.
CDC recommends that all people avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide. The agency says the chance of getting COVID-19 on cruise ships is high since the virus appears to spread more easily between people in close quarters aboard ships.
The Cruise Lines International Association notes that its members have carried over 400,000 passengers over the past several months — the vast majority unvaccinated — with fewer than 50 COVID cases found.
Juneau Residents Want to Limit Ship Visits
Before ships even return to Alaska, one city is trying to limit the visits vessels can make there.
Eleven Juneau, Alaska residents have filed affidavits to limit cruise ship hours, have ship free Saturdays, and cap the size limit of cruise ships to 100,000 people after January 1, 2026.
The hope is to make the ballot for this fall’s election.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 3: Just Another Perfect Sea Day
- Photos: 12 Bars & Lounges on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- U.S. Virgin Islands Bans Cruise Ships Unless All Eligible Guests Are Vaccinated
- Royal Caribbean Reveals When Remaining Cruise Ships Will Sail
- San Juan Welcomes First Cruise Ship Visit in 16 Months
- Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 2: Sip & Sea Day
- Norwegian Cruise Line Expands Starbucks Partnership
- MSC Cruises Resumes Sailings From United States
- Photos: 13 Restaurants on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Princess Successfully Completes First U.S. Voyage Since 2020
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise
REVIEWS2 days ago
Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 1: Let’s Get This Party Started