Cunard Reports Busiest UK Booking Day in a Decade
The launch of Cunard’s summer cruises has driven the line’s busiest booking day in the UK in a decade.
The Queen Elizabeth will operate scenic cruises along the UK coastline roundtrip from Southampton from July to October 2021.
There will be 13 ‘Summer at Sea’ voyages in total, ranging from three to 12 nights long. Most will not include stops, but four will make port calls in cities such as Liverpool, Belfast, and Newcastle.
Quantum of the Seas Singapore Season Extended
Royal Caribbean has extended Quantum of the Seas’ season in Singapore.
Quantum resumed sailings in Singapore in December, and her schedule was already extended once through June 2021. Now her Singapore season has been extended again, through at least October 2021.
Since December, over 50,000 passengers have taken over 30 ‘cruises to nowhere’ aboard Quantum of the Seas. Bookings for these additional sailings will open to Singapore residents on April 13.
Satoshi May Not Be Scrapped After All
Cruise Industry News is reporting that the former bitcoin cruise ship Satoshi has been saved from the scrapyard and will sail for a new cruise line.
Originally part of the Princess fleet as Regal Princess and then the P&O fleet as Pacific Dawn, the vessel was sold to Ocean Builders who intended to make it a stationary residential ship off the coast of Panama. The project never came to fruition and it was then sold to a scrapyard.
Now, sources say that Satoshi has been sold to a new undisclosed startup and is set to begin service later this year.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Debuts First World Cruise, 274 Nights
- JetBlue Taps Cruising Market With Flight + Cruise Packages
- Cruise News Today — October 20, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Celebrity Edge-Class Ships to Sail in Europe in 2023
- MSC Prepares to Welcome International Cruise Guests on U.S. Sailings
- Makeup Ideas For Themed Cruise Ship Deck Parties
- Princess Cruises Offers 50% Off Deal For First Responders & Medical Professionals
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update