Cunard Reports Busiest UK Booking Day in a Decade
The launch of Cunard’s summer cruises has driven the line’s busiest booking day in the UK in a decade.
The Queen Elizabeth will operate scenic cruises along the UK coastline roundtrip from Southampton from July to October 2021.
There will be 13 ‘Summer at Sea’ voyages in total, ranging from three to 12 nights long. Most will not include stops, but four will make port calls in cities such as Liverpool, Belfast, and Newcastle.
Quantum of the Seas Singapore Season Extended
Royal Caribbean has extended Quantum of the Seas’ season in Singapore.
Quantum resumed sailings in Singapore in December, and her schedule was already extended once through June 2021. Now her Singapore season has been extended again, through at least October 2021.
Since December, over 50,000 passengers have taken over 30 ‘cruises to nowhere’ aboard Quantum of the Seas. Bookings for these additional sailings will open to Singapore residents on April 13.
Satoshi May Not Be Scrapped After All
Cruise Industry News is reporting that the former bitcoin cruise ship Satoshi has been saved from the scrapyard and will sail for a new cruise line.
Originally part of the Princess fleet as Regal Princess and then the P&O fleet as Pacific Dawn, the vessel was sold to Ocean Builders who intended to make it a stationary residential ship off the coast of Panama. The project never came to fruition and it was then sold to a scrapyard.
Now, sources say that Satoshi has been sold to a new undisclosed startup and is set to begin service later this year.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Viking Begins Mediterranean Cruises From Malta
- Bimini Island Welcomes First Carnival Cruise Ship
- Disney Will Restart Cruises From Florida in August 2021
- St. Kitts Welcomes Its First Cruise Ship Since Industry Shutdown
- Disney Cruise Line Wants To Base Ship Year-Round At Port Everglades
- Celebrity Cruises Wins 12 Awards From ‘Wine Spectator’ Magazine
- MSC Seashore Kids’ Clubs, Activities Detailed Ahead of Debut
- Alaska Welcomes First Revenue Cruise In Nearly Two Years
- 16 Photos of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 
- Princess Cruises Announces Discovery Princess Leadership Team