Cunard Reports Busiest UK Booking Day in a Decade
The launch of Cunard’s summer cruises has driven the line’s busiest booking day in the UK in a decade.
The Queen Elizabeth will operate scenic cruises along the UK coastline roundtrip from Southampton from July to October 2021.
There will be 13 ‘Summer at Sea’ voyages in total, ranging from three to 12 nights long. Most will not include stops, but four will make port calls in cities such as Liverpool, Belfast, and Newcastle.
Quantum of the Seas Singapore Season Extended
Royal Caribbean has extended Quantum of the Seas’ season in Singapore.
Quantum resumed sailings in Singapore in December, and her schedule was already extended once through June 2021. Now her Singapore season has been extended again, through at least October 2021.
Since December, over 50,000 passengers have taken over 30 ‘cruises to nowhere’ aboard Quantum of the Seas. Bookings for these additional sailings will open to Singapore residents on April 13.
Satoshi May Not Be Scrapped After All
Cruise Industry News is reporting that the former bitcoin cruise ship Satoshi has been saved from the scrapyard and will sail for a new cruise line.
Originally part of the Princess fleet as Regal Princess and then the P&O fleet as Pacific Dawn, the vessel was sold to Ocean Builders who intended to make it a stationary residential ship off the coast of Panama. The project never came to fruition and it was then sold to a scrapyard.
Now, sources say that Satoshi has been sold to a new undisclosed startup and is set to begin service later this year.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies