Carnival Celebrates Earth Day
Carnival Cruise Line marked Earth Day on Thursday with new details about the upcoming Mardi Gras, including pictures of the ship at sea and a video focusing on its environmentally-friendly use of liquefied natural gas.
Currently, there are plans for nine different ships across Carnival’s brands to be powered by LNG, including Mardi Gras‘ sister ship, Carnival Celebration, which will join the fleet next year — just in time to help mark the company’s 50th anniversary.
CRUISE Act Dead in the Water
It was one step forward, two steps back for the cruise industry as two bills met very different fates.
In the U.S. Senate, the Careful Resumption Under Improved Safety Enhancements (CRUISE) Act — designed to essentially override the Conditional Sailing Order put in place by the Centers for Disease Control — was derailed by Senator Patty Murray.
The bill’s sponsor, Senator Rick Scott, expressed his disappointment, reiterating his belief that the CDC was not treating the cruise industry fairly.
Meanwhile, the Florida senate voted to overturn a 2020 vote by the residents of Key West to limit the size of visiting ships and the number of cruise passengers they could disembark at any given time. Next, the bill will face a similar vote in the Florida House of Representatives.
Bahamas Won’t Require Negative Test For Vaccinated Travelers
There’s good news for cruisers planning to sail out of or visit the Bahamas.
As of May 1, the island will no longer require foreign visitors to provide a negative PCR test as long as they can provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated and it has been two full weeks since their inoculation.
Those who have not been vaccinated can still visit the island, but will be required to present a negative PCR test taken no more than five days before their arrival.
Visitors then need to upload the negative test results and fill out a Bahamas Health Visa application.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Rescues 8 People Off the Coast of Florida [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Resumes Sailings From Los Angeles
- Royal Caribbean CEO: ‘It’s Time to Focus on the Future’
- Holland America Line Restarts Cruising from Florida
- Two Cruise Ships Meet in Bahamas for First Time [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — October 25, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Review: Shaq’s Big Chicken on Carnival’s Mardi Gras