Two Carnival Ships Return to Galveston
This Sunday, Carnival Vista and Breeze will be returning to the port of Galveston, a welcome sight to the thousands of people in the city whose jobs are connected to the cruise industry.
Carnival intends for the vessels to stay there until cruising can resume from the U.S. again. In the meantime, the line will ready the ships for sailing and prepare to bring crew back.
Officials say that in Galveston, $115 million in local spending and over 3,600 jobs are tied to the cruise industry.
New Cruise Regulations Issued For UK
The UK Department of Transport has officially issued new cruise regulations.
They say all travelers must be residents of the British Isles and cruise ships will be limited to 50 percent capacity or 1,000 passengers — whichever is lower.
Additionally, groups of more than six people or two households won’t be allowed to mix indoors, even if they booked in the same group.
If things go well in the first month, the regulations are expected to loosen on June 21.
Azamara To Resume Cruising In Greece
And lastly, Azamara has announced that it’ll be returning to sailing in Greece on August 28.
Azamara Quest will sail six weeklong voyages, visiting ports including Rhodes, Heraklion, Santorini, and Mykonos, Greece, as well as Limassol, Cyprus.
Throughout the six voyages there will be 18 late-night stays for more time in port. The cruises will be open to full-vaccinated guests only, and bookings open on May 11.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 3: Just Another Perfect Sea Day
- Photos: 12 Bars & Lounges on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- U.S. Virgin Islands Bans Cruise Ships Unless All Eligible Guests Are Vaccinated
- Royal Caribbean Reveals When Remaining Cruise Ships Will Sail
- San Juan Welcomes First Cruise Ship Visit in 16 Months
- Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 2: Sip & Sea Day
- Norwegian Cruise Line Expands Starbucks Partnership
- MSC Cruises Resumes Sailings From United States
- Photos: 13 Restaurants on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Princess Successfully Completes First U.S. Voyage Since 2020
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise
REVIEWS2 days ago
Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 1: Let’s Get This Party Started