CDC Releases New Cruise Guidance
The CDC finally released the second phase of its ‘Framework for Conditional Sailing Order’ on Friday.
This phase will involve the cruise lines establishing individual agreements at ports where they intend to operate, and developing plans for vaccination strategies. The CDC is recommending that lines require vaccinations for all crew and passengers, but it doesn’t appear that it will be an official requirement.
Notably absent from Phase 2 are the simulated test sailings that the CDC previously said cruise lines would have to conduct with volunteer passengers on each ship. The agency says that those will be part of Phase 3.
Carnival President Tours New Port Canaveral Terminal
In a recent video from Carnival Cruise Line, the company’s president Christine Duffy toured the line’s brand new terminal at Port Canaveral.
Construction on Terminal 3 was completed last year, and it waits in anticipation of the launch of Mardi Gras, Carnival’s largest ship to date.
The video shows a terminal filled with wooden furniture and white accents, coupled with palm trees to get guests into the Caribbean spirit.
Celebrity Cruises’ New Ship Floated Out
Celebrity Cruises’ new ship Celebrity Beyond has successfully completed her first float-out. This means that the framework and exterior are nearing completion, and much of the interior work can now begin.
Celebrity Beyond will be the third Edge-class ship following Celebrity Edge and Apex, and is set to debut next year.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption