CDC Releases New Cruise Guidance
The CDC finally released the second phase of its ‘Framework for Conditional Sailing Order’ on Friday.
This phase will involve the cruise lines establishing individual agreements at ports where they intend to operate, and developing plans for vaccination strategies. The CDC is recommending that lines require vaccinations for all crew and passengers, but it doesn’t appear that it will be an official requirement.
Notably absent from Phase 2 are the simulated test sailings that the CDC previously said cruise lines would have to conduct with volunteer passengers on each ship. The agency says that those will be part of Phase 3.
Carnival President Tours New Port Canaveral Terminal
In a recent video from Carnival Cruise Line, the company’s president Christine Duffy toured the line’s brand new terminal at Port Canaveral.
Construction on Terminal 3 was completed last year, and it waits in anticipation of the launch of Mardi Gras, Carnival’s largest ship to date.
The video shows a terminal filled with wooden furniture and white accents, coupled with palm trees to get guests into the Caribbean spirit.
Celebrity Cruises’ New Ship Floated Out
Celebrity Cruises’ new ship Celebrity Beyond has successfully completed her first float-out. This means that the framework and exterior are nearing completion, and much of the interior work can now begin.
Celebrity Beyond will be the third Edge-class ship following Celebrity Edge and Apex, and is set to debut next year.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
- Royal Caribbean President Defends ‘Complicated’ Vaccination Policies
- Florida Lawsuit To Lift Cruising Restrictions Back In Court
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Despite Texas Vaccine Law, Carnival Cruise Line Set to Sail Out of Galveston
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS4 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs