Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Submits Restart Paperwork
On Monday morning, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings president Frank Del Rio submitted restart paperwork to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.
Some of the new protocols outlined include the requirement for all cruisers and crew to be vaccinated, and implementing a limited restart with 60 percent capacity.
A statement from NCLH said in part, “While the risk of COVID-19 cannot be eliminated in its entirety, over the past eight months the cruise industry has successfully carried nearly 400,000 passengers in more than 10 major cruise markets outside the United States.”
Bahamas Paradise Announces Restart Date
Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line announced over the weekend that they are aiming to restart limited operations on June 2.
The company will restart operations on its ship Grand Classica, with reduced capacity that’ll slowly ramp up each month.
Bahamas Paradise was one of the first cruise lines to achieve a ‘Green Status’ from the CDC.
Royal Caribbean Surpasses Carnival With Number of Ships
Move over Carnival Cruise Line! Royal Caribbean has officially taken the title of the cruise line with the most ships.
When Odyssey of the Seas was delivered last week, it was Royal’s 25th vessel to join the brand. Carnival Cruise Line has 24 vessels, with its next newbuild expected to be delivered in late 2022.
During the 2020 shutdown, both Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise Line had to sell off their least efficient ships.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption