Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Submits Restart Paperwork
On Monday morning, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings president Frank Del Rio submitted restart paperwork to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.
Some of the new protocols outlined include the requirement for all cruisers and crew to be vaccinated, and implementing a limited restart with 60 percent capacity.
A statement from NCLH said in part, “While the risk of COVID-19 cannot be eliminated in its entirety, over the past eight months the cruise industry has successfully carried nearly 400,000 passengers in more than 10 major cruise markets outside the United States.”
Bahamas Paradise Announces Restart Date
Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line announced over the weekend that they are aiming to restart limited operations on June 2.
The company will restart operations on its ship Grand Classica, with reduced capacity that’ll slowly ramp up each month.
Bahamas Paradise was one of the first cruise lines to achieve a ‘Green Status’ from the CDC.
Royal Caribbean Surpasses Carnival With Number of Ships
Move over Carnival Cruise Line! Royal Caribbean has officially taken the title of the cruise line with the most ships.
When Odyssey of the Seas was delivered last week, it was Royal’s 25th vessel to join the brand. Carnival Cruise Line has 24 vessels, with its next newbuild expected to be delivered in late 2022.
During the 2020 shutdown, both Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise Line had to sell off their least efficient ships.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida