Viking Extends Cruise Pause
In a letter sent to booked guests, Viking announced that it has extended its pause in operations through May 31.
Those who were booked on sailings that are now canceled can opt for a full refund or a 125 percent future cruise credit.
Shore Power May Be Coming to PortMiami
Miami-Dade County has signed a joint statement with six cruise companies to bring shore power to PortMiami in the next several years.
When compatible ships are docked there, they can plug into the shoreside power grid instead of having to completely rely on their engines for electricity. In turn, shore power helps reduce cruise ship fuel emissions.
The cruise companies that signed the statement are Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, MSC, Disney, and Virgin Voyages.
MSC Reveals Details on New U.S. Based Ship
MSC Cruises has revealed new details on its upcoming U.S. based ship, MSC Seashore.
The vessel will feature a new infinity pool, as well as two infinity whirlpools. And for the first time, the line’s signature Butcher’s Cut steakhouse will include outdoor dining.
Seashore will also host the fleet’s largest MSC Yacht Club yet, with a larger pool area and more deluxe suite accommodations.
The ship will spend its inaugural season in the Mediterranean before heading to her new home at PortMiami later year.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida