Masks to Be Required on Cruises as Per the CDC
The CDC has issued a new order that will require cruise passengers to wear masks in all public areas.
Guests will be allowed to remove them to eat, drink, swim, or take medicine. However, the rule won’t apply to kids under two years old or individuals that have documented reasons for medical exemption.
The CDC said that it reserves the right to enforce the order through criminal penalties, but it will largely be the responsibility of the cruise lines to enforce the rules.
MSC Cruises Takes Delivery of New Ship
On Monday morning, MSC Cruises took delivery of its newest Meraviglia-Plus class ship, MSC Virtuosa. A small ceremony was held at the shipyard in France, with the cruise line and shipyard executives in attendance.
Virtuosa is set to debut in the Mediterranean in April, where it will sail four cruises before moving to its new home in Kiel, Germany to operate Northern Europe voyages.
Holland America Names Captain of Rotterdam
Holland America Line has named the person who will take the helm of its new ship Rotterdam — Captain Werner Timmers. Captain Timmers has 40 years of experience with Holland America, and has already served as captain for six of its vessels.
In the coming months he will head to the ship for sea trials, and then relocate to Fincantieri shipyard to oversee Rotterdam’s finishing touches.
The vessel is set to sail her inaugural voyage on August 1.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida