Cayman Islands May Limit Cruise Ships Post-Pandemic
The Premier of the Cayman Islands has announced that the country will likely limit its number of cruise ships when cruising resumes.
Previously, he also announced that ships will likely not be allowed to port there until 2022.
He did stress that the country is not abandoning cruise tourism, saying that it will “cap the numbers so that our current system can accommodate them in a better way — and the experience for those who do visit can be better.”
Disney Cancels More Sailings
Disney Cruise Line has now canceled all Disney Dream and Fantasy sailings through May, as well as Disney Magic cruises through July.
May voyages to Alaska aboard Disney Wonder have also been canceled.
Booked passengers who have paid in full can choose between a 125 percent Future Cruise Credit or a full refund.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Reports 4th Quarter Losses
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings had its end of the year and 4th quarter earnings call on Thursday morning. For 2020, the company lost $2.4 billion, compared to $1.1 billion in profit it brought in the year prior.
In the fourth quarter the company spent $190 million per month in operating expenses, $15 million of that was relaunch expenses.
CEO Frank Del Rio said that he is looking at a 90 day window to restart cruises once the industry gets technical guidance from the CDC.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies