Cayman Islands May Limit Cruise Ships Post-Pandemic
The Premier of the Cayman Islands has announced that the country will likely limit its number of cruise ships when cruising resumes.
Previously, he also announced that ships will likely not be allowed to port there until 2022.
He did stress that the country is not abandoning cruise tourism, saying that it will “cap the numbers so that our current system can accommodate them in a better way — and the experience for those who do visit can be better.”
Disney Cancels More Sailings
Disney Cruise Line has now canceled all Disney Dream and Fantasy sailings through May, as well as Disney Magic cruises through July.
May voyages to Alaska aboard Disney Wonder have also been canceled.
Booked passengers who have paid in full can choose between a 125 percent Future Cruise Credit or a full refund.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Reports 4th Quarter Losses
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings had its end of the year and 4th quarter earnings call on Thursday morning. For 2020, the company lost $2.4 billion, compared to $1.1 billion in profit it brought in the year prior.
In the fourth quarter the company spent $190 million per month in operating expenses, $15 million of that was relaunch expenses.
CEO Frank Del Rio said that he is looking at a 90 day window to restart cruises once the industry gets technical guidance from the CDC.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival President: Over Half The Fleet Will Sail By October