Two U.S. River Lines Will Require COVID-19 Vaccine
Two river cruise lines — American Queen Steamboat Company and Victory Cruise Lines — have both announced that they will be requiring COVID vaccinations for both guests and crew.
The mandate will go into effect on July 1, 2021 for all ships across both fleets, which are based in the United States.
The requirement expands on safety measures that are already in place, which include a negative COVID test before the cruise and masks in public spaces where social distancing isn’t possible.
Celebrity Cruises to Return to Australia and New Zealand
Celebrity Eclipse will mark Celebrity Cruises’ return to Australia and New Zealand, when the ship is homeported in Sydney and Auckland for the 2022-2023 season.
The vessel will sail 19 different itineraries, ranging in length from five to 18 nights. It’ll include sailings through Australia, New Zealand, and various South Pacific islands. Voyages will include overnight stays, late-night departures, and the return of some much-loved itineraries.
Princess Introduces Sports Betting App
When cruising resumes, Princess will be introducing a new way to gamble on its ships.
Guests will now be able to participate in real-time digital sports betting on the line’s new Ocean Sportsbook app. When the ship is in international waters, guests can wager on major sports events including football, basketball, baseball, and hockey.
This will initially be rolled out across six ships.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida