Carnival Backtracks on Protocols Announcement
Carnival Cruise Line is backtracking after releasing a list of onboard protocols that the line now says is not actually finalized.
In a statement to us, a spokesperson stated that “As we have said previously, guests should expect [mask-wearing], testing, distancing, and other protocols. We intend to provide more details over the coming weeks as we work to resume operations.”
Perhaps the most hot-button topic when the protocols were first released was that the line may require reservations for things like the pool and casino. There’s no word yet as to whether that’s one of the changes that the line has not yet finalized.
Alaska Cruise Season Looks Bleak, But Some Ships Still Sailing
Due to Canada’s cruise ship ban for another year, large, foreign flagged ships will no longer be able to sail an Alaska season in 2021.
This year, the Alaska cruise market is going from about 71,000 berths to just 1,100.
The reason there will be any at all? Several small cruise lines with U.S. flagged ships will still be able to sail this Alaska season, including UnCruise Adventures and Lindblad Expeditions.
PortMiami Continues to Waive Port Fees
Since the cruise industry shut down last year, PortMiami has been waiving the port fees for cruise lines who needed to dock their ships there.
Now, the mayor of Miami-Dade County Daniella Levine Cava has extended the waiver, effective February 1 through March 31, 2021.
“We will continue to support our cruise line partners throughout these unprecedented times,” said Cava. “I know that the industry will recover stronger than ever as we rebound and build back our economy in the months ahead.”
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida