Carnival Backtracks on Protocols Announcement
Carnival Cruise Line is backtracking after releasing a list of onboard protocols that the line now says is not actually finalized.
In a statement to us, a spokesperson stated that “As we have said previously, guests should expect [mask-wearing], testing, distancing, and other protocols. We intend to provide more details over the coming weeks as we work to resume operations.”
Perhaps the most hot-button topic when the protocols were first released was that the line may require reservations for things like the pool and casino. There’s no word yet as to whether that’s one of the changes that the line has not yet finalized.
Alaska Cruise Season Looks Bleak, But Some Ships Still Sailing
Due to Canada’s cruise ship ban for another year, large, foreign flagged ships will no longer be able to sail an Alaska season in 2021.
This year, the Alaska cruise market is going from about 71,000 berths to just 1,100.
The reason there will be any at all? Several small cruise lines with U.S. flagged ships will still be able to sail this Alaska season, including UnCruise Adventures and Lindblad Expeditions.
PortMiami Continues to Waive Port Fees
Since the cruise industry shut down last year, PortMiami has been waiving the port fees for cruise lines who needed to dock their ships there.
Now, the mayor of Miami-Dade County Daniella Levine Cava has extended the waiver, effective February 1 through March 31, 2021.
“We will continue to support our cruise line partners throughout these unprecedented times,” said Cava. “I know that the industry will recover stronger than ever as we rebound and build back our economy in the months ahead.”
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Delta Variant Slows Near-Term Bookings As Cruisers Hesitate
- Carnival Victory Officially Renamed Carnival Radiance
- Royal Caribbean Group Set to Build New Cruise Terminal in Italy
- Half of Carnival Corporation’s Fleet Will Sail By Next Month
- Behind The Name Mardi Gras: 50 Years of Carnival Fun Ships
- Cruise Podcast: Celebrity Millennium 2021 Alaska Review + News
- Bahamas Paradise Announces BOGO Offer & Halloween Cruises
- Princess Cruises Cancels More Australia Voyages
- MSC Cruises Pledges to Reach Net Zero Emissions By 2050
- Celebrity Edge to Operate Australia & South Pacific Cruises
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Pulled From China, Will Now Sail in Mediterranean
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Half of Carnival’s U.S. Cruise Ship Fleet Back in Service
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Final Episode of EMBARK Web Series
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Royal Caribbean Announces Protocols For Remainder of October