Mardi Gras Set to Arrive in Port Canaveral This Week
Port Canaveral is gearing up to host Carnival Cruise Line’s newest ship Mardi Gras on Friday morning.
The ship will dock at Carnival’s new Terminal 3, where it will also be homeporting once cruising resumes. It will have two dozen dining options and host the first rollercoaster at sea, BOLT.
Mardi Gras will sail seven-night Caribbean voyages from the central Florida port.
Norwegian Cancels Caribbean Homeport Cruises
On the heels of Norwegian Cruise Line announcing its redeployment schedule last week, the company has canceled Norwegian Joy sailings from Jamaica this summer and Norwegian Gem cruises from the Dominican Republic.
The cruise line said it is canceling Jamaica so it can transfer crew to Norwegian Bliss to recoup what is left of the Alaska season.
Instead, Norwegian plans to restart Joy from Miami in October.
MSC Details Its Largest Cruise Ship Ever
MSC Cruises has announced details on its new ship MSC World Europa.
The LNG vessel will have a Y-shaped hull and according to the cruise line, it’s a ship “built for the future.”
World Europa will feature 13 dining venues including six speciality restaurants, as well as 19 different cabin categories with 65 percent of the ship’s cabins including private balconies. The vessel will also feature a first for MSC — The Spiral, the longest dry slide at sea spanning 11 decks. For reference, Royal Caribbean’s similar Ultimate Abyss slide is 10 decks tall.
MSC World Europa is scheduled to debut at the end of 2022 in the Persian Gulf and sail from Dubai, UAE before heading to the Mediterranean.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mardi Gras Behind The Scenes: How Carnival’s First LNG Ship Fuels Up
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean President Defends ‘Complicated’ Vaccination Policies