Oceania Cruises Has Best Booking Day in Company History
Oceania Cruises has announced that the opening for sale of its exotic 2022-2023 itineraries resulted in the most bookings in a single day in the line’s history.
The company reports that the top-selling destinations were Asia, Africa, and South America. The single best-selling voyage was the 35-night Australia circumnavigation cruise that will take place over Christmas and New Year’s.
This booking record comes just weeks after the line sold out its six month-long world cruise on January 27 — the first day it opened for sale.
Disney CEO Says Line Could Start Limited Operations in Fall
Even though Disney Cruise Line has only canceled sailings through May, Disney CEO Bob Chapek says a more realistic restart date is further out.
Speaking at The Walt Disney Company’s 2021 Annual Meeting of Shareholders, he said that the line could start limited operations in the fall “with some luck.”
As a more optimistic piece of news, the executive said that construction continues on three new ships for the line, including Disney Wish which is set to debut next year.
Celestyal Cruises to Resume Sailings in May
Greece-based line Celestyal Cruises has announced that it will resume sailings from Athens in May.
The start of the season had previously been planned for April, but the new date is in sync with a recently-announced roadmap to open Greece for tourism this year.
Despite the line’s acquisition of Costa neoRomantica, which it renamed Celestyal Experience, the line will instead begin its resumption to service aboard a smaller ship called Celestyal Crystal.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies