Oceania Cruises Has Best Booking Day in Company History
Oceania Cruises has announced that the opening for sale of its exotic 2022-2023 itineraries resulted in the most bookings in a single day in the line’s history.
The company reports that the top-selling destinations were Asia, Africa, and South America. The single best-selling voyage was the 35-night Australia circumnavigation cruise that will take place over Christmas and New Year’s.
This booking record comes just weeks after the line sold out its six month-long world cruise on January 27 — the first day it opened for sale.
Disney CEO Says Line Could Start Limited Operations in Fall
Even though Disney Cruise Line has only canceled sailings through May, Disney CEO Bob Chapek says a more realistic restart date is further out.
Speaking at The Walt Disney Company’s 2021 Annual Meeting of Shareholders, he said that the line could start limited operations in the fall “with some luck.”
As a more optimistic piece of news, the executive said that construction continues on three new ships for the line, including Disney Wish which is set to debut next year.
Celestyal Cruises to Resume Sailings in May
Greece-based line Celestyal Cruises has announced that it will resume sailings from Athens in May.
The start of the season had previously been planned for April, but the new date is in sync with a recently-announced roadmap to open Greece for tourism this year.
Despite the line’s acquisition of Costa neoRomantica, which it renamed Celestyal Experience, the line will instead begin its resumption to service aboard a smaller ship called Celestyal Crystal.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival President: Over Half The Fleet Will Sail By October