MSC Lirica Lifeboat Catches on Fire
A lifeboat on MSC Lirica caught fire on Friday while the ship was anchored in Corfu, Greece.
There were no injuries to any of the 51 crew members onboard, and the interior of the ship sustained no damage. The exterior, however, was blackened and damaged due to the flames and smoke.
There’s no word yet on what caused the blaze, but in a statement MSC said that “A full investigation is now in progress.”
Carnival Cruise Line Earns Four USA Today Awards
And Carnival Cruise Line has earned four first-place honors in the annual USA Today’s 10Best Awards.
The line was named Best Ocean Cruise Line, and the upcoming Mardi Gras earned Best New Cruise Ship — even though it hasn’t begun sailing yet.
Additionally, Carnival Horizon was the big winner in two categories: Best Ship for Families and Best Ship for Dining.
Currently, Carnival plans to resume sailings in June 2021.
Country Singer Lee Greenwood to Perform on U.S. River Sailings
American Queen Steamboat Company has announced that country singer Lee Greenwood will be performing on six river sailings this year.
Onboard ‘American Duchess,’ Greenwood will take the stage for intimate performances of hits such as “God Bless the U.S.A.”
All-inclusive sailings featuring Greenwood start at $2,199 per person, and guests must be vaccinated to sail.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival President: Over Half The Fleet Will Sail By October