MSC Lirica Lifeboat Catches on Fire
A lifeboat on MSC Lirica caught fire on Friday while the ship was anchored in Corfu, Greece.
There were no injuries to any of the 51 crew members onboard, and the interior of the ship sustained no damage. The exterior, however, was blackened and damaged due to the flames and smoke.
There’s no word yet on what caused the blaze, but in a statement MSC said that “A full investigation is now in progress.”
Carnival Cruise Line Earns Four USA Today Awards
And Carnival Cruise Line has earned four first-place honors in the annual USA Today’s 10Best Awards.
The line was named Best Ocean Cruise Line, and the upcoming Mardi Gras earned Best New Cruise Ship — even though it hasn’t begun sailing yet.
Additionally, Carnival Horizon was the big winner in two categories: Best Ship for Families and Best Ship for Dining.
Currently, Carnival plans to resume sailings in June 2021.
Country Singer Lee Greenwood to Perform on U.S. River Sailings
American Queen Steamboat Company has announced that country singer Lee Greenwood will be performing on six river sailings this year.
Onboard ‘American Duchess,’ Greenwood will take the stage for intimate performances of hits such as “God Bless the U.S.A.”
All-inclusive sailings featuring Greenwood start at $2,199 per person, and guests must be vaccinated to sail.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies