Viking Sun Arrives in China
Viking Sun has officially arrived at her new homeport in southern China.
It is the first vessel under China Merchants Viking Cruises, a joint venture between China Merchants Shekou and Viking.
Viking Sun will offer tailor-made voyages for Chinese passengers. The ship’s schedule and itineraries will be announced in the future.
TUI River Cruises Delayed Again
TUI’s first river cruise has been delayed yet again, and is now set to sail aboard TUI Skyla on June 28 from Budapest.
A second vessel, TUI Maya, will operate her first cruise on July 2nd, also from Budapest.
The company’s river cruise venture was originally due to debut in May 2020 before the industry shutdown.
Two U.S. River Cruise Lines Resume Sailing
Two U.S.-based river cruise lines are officially sailing again.
American Cruise Lines’ coastal ship Independence set sail on Saturday for a voyage from Amelia Island to Charleston.
And American Queen Steamboat Company also has a ship on the move, with the first of two private Mississippi River charter sailings aboard American Duchess.
American Queen Steamboat Company currently has a vaccine requirement for guests, while American Cruise Lines does not.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies