Viking Sun Arrives in China
Viking Sun has officially arrived at her new homeport in southern China.
It is the first vessel under China Merchants Viking Cruises, a joint venture between China Merchants Shekou and Viking.
Viking Sun will offer tailor-made voyages for Chinese passengers. The ship’s schedule and itineraries will be announced in the future.
TUI River Cruises Delayed Again
TUI’s first river cruise has been delayed yet again, and is now set to sail aboard TUI Skyla on June 28 from Budapest.
A second vessel, TUI Maya, will operate her first cruise on July 2nd, also from Budapest.
The company’s river cruise venture was originally due to debut in May 2020 before the industry shutdown.
Two U.S. River Cruise Lines Resume Sailing
Two U.S.-based river cruise lines are officially sailing again.
American Cruise Lines’ coastal ship Independence set sail on Saturday for a voyage from Amelia Island to Charleston.
And American Queen Steamboat Company also has a ship on the move, with the first of two private Mississippi River charter sailings aboard American Duchess.
American Queen Steamboat Company currently has a vaccine requirement for guests, while American Cruise Lines does not.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Rescues 8 People Off the Coast of Florida [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Resumes Sailings From Los Angeles
- Royal Caribbean CEO: ‘It’s Time to Focus on the Future’