Royal Caribbean Set to Return to West Coast
Royal Caribbean is finally returning to the West Coast.
Starting in June 2022, Navigator of the Seas will be homeporting in Los Angeles to sail three to five-night cruises to Catalina Island and Mexico.
The ship will also sail select seven-night holiday itineraries which include overnights in Cabo San Lucas.
These West Coast sailings will open for booking the week of March 29, 2021.
Viking and P&O Will Offer UK Coastal Cruises
Viking and P&O have both announced plans to operate UK coastal cruises this year.
Viking’s new ship, Viking Venus, will sail three coastal cruises in May and June from Portsmouth, which are open to UK residents.
P&O’s new ship Iona, along with Britannia, will operate three to seven-night ‘cruises to nowhere’ along the coast this summer, open only to vaccinated UK residents.
The U.S. Lost $1.1 Trillion
The U.S. lost $1.1 trillion in travel economic output last year due to the global pandemic, according to new end-of-year totals from the U.S. Travel Association.
Travel’s economic footprint in the country shrank 42 percent, from $2.6 trillion down to $1.5 trillion.
In conjunction, travel-supported jobs accounted for 65 percent of all American jobs lost due to the economic fallout of the pandemic.
Previous to the health crisis, travel and tourism accounted for 11 percent of the U.S. workforce.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies