Disney Cruise Line Will Sail From Miami in Summer 2022
Disney Cruise Line will be operating summer cruises from Miami for the first time next year, with Disney Dream sailings to the Bahamas and Caribbean.
Previously, Disney Dream had been sailing from Port Canaveral, and the line has never homeported a ship in Miami during the summer before.
The vessel will sail three to five-night cruises from the port, and every voyage will include a stop at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
MSC Introduces Largest Yacht Club Ever
MSC Cruises will introduce its largest MSC Yacht Club ever when new US-based ship MSC Seashore debuts in November.
The exclusive space will be approximately 32,000 square feet and include a larger pool, new panoramic hot tub, and 131 suites in five categories.
The MSC Yacht Club is on all Fantasia, Meraviglia, and Seaside class ships, and features exclusive perks and private lounges, sundecks, and restaurants for guests.
U.S. River Line Forced to Cancel Inaugural Cruise
American Queen Steamboat Company has been forced to cancel its planned inaugural sailing on American Countess due to CDC setbacks.
The ship can carry more than the CDC’s current threshold of 250 people. However, the line had already informed the CDC that it was planning to launch the ship with a reduced number of passengers, saying “We have been transparent with the CDC regarding our intentions to operate the American Countess with a reduced onboard capacity.”
Despite the setback, the line is confident that it will still be able to operate the ship’s first regular sailing on March 28, 2021.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Viking Begins Mediterranean Cruises From Malta
- Bimini Island Welcomes First Carnival Cruise Ship
- Disney Will Restart Cruises From Florida in August 2021
- St. Kitts Welcomes Its First Cruise Ship Since Industry Shutdown
- Disney Cruise Line Wants To Base Ship Year-Round At Port Everglades
- Celebrity Cruises Wins 12 Awards From ‘Wine Spectator’ Magazine
- MSC Seashore Kids’ Clubs, Activities Detailed Ahead of Debut
- Alaska Welcomes First Revenue Cruise In Nearly Two Years
- 16 Photos of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 
- Princess Cruises Announces Discovery Princess Leadership Team