Discovery Princess Floated Out
Princess Cruises’ newest ship Discovery Princess was floated out at the Fincantieri shipyard in Italy last week.
The float out marks another important construction milestone, and now interior fittings and final touches will begin.
The 3,660-passenger vessel is Princess’ sixth and final Royal-class ship. It is set to be delivered next year.
Royal Caribbean’s Fain Says Cruises Could Resume in Summer
Royal Caribbean Group CEO Richard Fain delivered another video message this week, saying he could see large ships sailing from U.S. ports by July.
He noted how the vaccines have changed the game and proven the CDC’s ‘Conditional Sailing Order’ outdated, saying it was “a very positive step at the time, but that time has passed.”
“Today the vaccines and other measures have changed the trajectory from a steep climb to a dramatic fall. The pandemic isn’t under control, but it is getting there.”
He added that by the time the company can sail again, the vaccines will have rolled out even further. And that with science and medical advancements, the company can safely plan for summer sailings.
Disney Dream Has Close Call With Casino Boat
Disney Dream had a close call with a casino boat in Port Canaveral last week.
A PTZtv webcam caught footage of a casino boat seemingly having trouble docking due to strong winds, with Disney Dream bearing down on the boat on its way into port.
A pilot boat came to the rescue, moving next to the boat’s stern and pushed it towards the dock out of Dream’s way. Thankfully, there was no resulting incident.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies