Discovery Princess Floated Out
Princess Cruises’ newest ship Discovery Princess was floated out at the Fincantieri shipyard in Italy last week.
The float out marks another important construction milestone, and now interior fittings and final touches will begin.
The 3,660-passenger vessel is Princess’ sixth and final Royal-class ship. It is set to be delivered next year.
Royal Caribbean’s Fain Says Cruises Could Resume in Summer
Royal Caribbean Group CEO Richard Fain delivered another video message this week, saying he could see large ships sailing from U.S. ports by July.
He noted how the vaccines have changed the game and proven the CDC’s ‘Conditional Sailing Order’ outdated, saying it was “a very positive step at the time, but that time has passed.”
“Today the vaccines and other measures have changed the trajectory from a steep climb to a dramatic fall. The pandemic isn’t under control, but it is getting there.”
He added that by the time the company can sail again, the vaccines will have rolled out even further. And that with science and medical advancements, the company can safely plan for summer sailings.
Disney Dream Has Close Call With Casino Boat
Disney Dream had a close call with a casino boat in Port Canaveral last week.
A PTZtv webcam caught footage of a casino boat seemingly having trouble docking due to strong winds, with Disney Dream bearing down on the boat on its way into port.
A pilot boat came to the rescue, moving next to the boat’s stern and pushed it towards the dock out of Dream’s way. Thankfully, there was no resulting incident.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Debuts First World Cruise, 274 Nights
- JetBlue Taps Cruising Market With Flight + Cruise Packages
- Cruise News Today — October 20, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Celebrity Edge-Class Ships to Sail in Europe in 2023
- MSC Prepares to Welcome International Cruise Guests on U.S. Sailings
- Makeup Ideas For Themed Cruise Ship Deck Parties
- Princess Cruises Offers 50% Off Deal For First Responders & Medical Professionals
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update