Royal Caribbean CEO Delivers Monthly Video Message
As the year anniversary of the cruise industry shutdown approaches, Royal Caribbean Group CEO Richard Fain has delivered his monthly video message to travel agents and guests via YouTube.
Fain stated that sailings in Singapore, the Canary Islands, and soon Israel are all leading the way to reopening cruises.
As of March 1, Royal Caribbean says they plan to resume operations in May.
LNG Barge Arrives in Port Canaveral
Port Canaveral has hit another milestone in preparation for the arrival of Carnival’s new mega ship, Mardi Gras.
Mardi Gras will be the first North American cruise ship to be powered by liquefied natural gas, which is a cleaner-burning fossil fuel.
Now, a purpose-built tug and bunker barge has arrived at the port, which will serve as its new LNG fuel station. It will load up with LNG in Georgia, and carry enough fuel to supply two ships for seven-night itineraries. It is expected to take six to eight hours to bunker one cruise ship.
Mardi Gras is set to begin sailing from Port Canaveral later this year.
Celebrity Eclipse Completes Renovation
Celebrity Eclipse is the latest ship in the Celebrity Cruises fleet to undergo a refurbishment.
The renovation was part of a $500 million program that Celebrity launched in 2019 called The Celebrity Revolution.
Changes to Eclipse included stateroom upgrades, a new suite experience called The Retreat with restaurants and dedicated outdoor space, along with modifying public venues like the Oceanview Café and lounges.
In total, nine ships are scheduled for the Revolution upgrades, five of which have already been completed.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Majestic Princess Review + News
- Brazil Prepares to Welcome Cruise Ships Back in November
- Carnival Radiance Sails To North America, Starts Cruising December 13
- Cruise News Today — October 22, 2021 [VIDEO]
- 5 Incredible Places to See on a St. Petersburg, Russia Cruise
- Former Cruise Ship Now Home To World’s Largest Floating Nightclub
- Disney to Debut ‘Wish’ Themed Thanksgiving Day Parade Float
- Cruise Line Sails From Port Everglades For The First Time
- Cruise News Today — October 21, 2021 [VIDEO]
- New Residence Cruise Ship Adds Deck, Includes Remote Work Space, Pet Areas