Odyssey of the Seas Heads Out to Sea For First Time
Royal Caribbean’s new Quantum Ultra class ship has departed the shipyard in Germany and headed up the Ems River and out to sea.
During the journey up the river, Odyssey of the Seas passed through two bridges and over an autobahn tunnel.
Despite only being a 20-mile journey, the conveyance took over 10 hours because of how slowly the ship had to maneuver through the shallow water.
Beginning in May, Odyssey will spend her maiden season sailing from Israel to Cyprus and Greece.
Celebrity Cruises Hosts Virtual International Women’s Day Event
To celebrate International Women’s Day this year, Celebrity Cruises is hosting a virtual event with female leaders within the company. It will include Celebrity’s president and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, as well as the first American female cruise ship captain, Kate McCue.
The women will connect to discuss last year’s Women’s Day cruise featuring an all-female bridge team aboard Celebrity Edge.
You can catch the conversation on Celebrity’s Facebook page today at 12 pm Eastern time.
The U.S. Travel Association is seeking government support to encourage more travel. It is also urging the government to create a more solid roadmap on reopening the U.S. borders to international travel.
Meanwhile, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is calling for clear direction from the CDC so that cruise ships can begin preparing to sail again from American ports.
A recent poll from the Travel Association indicates there’s pent-up demand. It suggests that 80 percent of Americans want to travel within the next six months, and 60 percent are already making plans.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
- Cruise News Today — July 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos: Day 1
- Carnival Cruise Line Offers Sneak Peek of Mardi Gras
- Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Bimini Island Welcomes First Carnival Cruise Ship
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Viking Begins Mediterranean Cruises From Malta
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know