Odyssey of the Seas Heads Out to Sea For First Time
Royal Caribbean’s new Quantum Ultra class ship has departed the shipyard in Germany and headed up the Ems River and out to sea.
During the journey up the river, Odyssey of the Seas passed through two bridges and over an autobahn tunnel.
Despite only being a 20-mile journey, the conveyance took over 10 hours because of how slowly the ship had to maneuver through the shallow water.
Beginning in May, Odyssey will spend her maiden season sailing from Israel to Cyprus and Greece.
Celebrity Cruises Hosts Virtual International Women’s Day Event
To celebrate International Women’s Day this year, Celebrity Cruises is hosting a virtual event with female leaders within the company. It will include Celebrity’s president and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, as well as the first American female cruise ship captain, Kate McCue.
The women will connect to discuss last year’s Women’s Day cruise featuring an all-female bridge team aboard Celebrity Edge.
You can catch the conversation on Celebrity’s Facebook page today at 12 pm Eastern time.
The U.S. Travel Association is seeking government support to encourage more travel. It is also urging the government to create a more solid roadmap on reopening the U.S. borders to international travel.
Meanwhile, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is calling for clear direction from the CDC so that cruise ships can begin preparing to sail again from American ports.
A recent poll from the Travel Association indicates there’s pent-up demand. It suggests that 80 percent of Americans want to travel within the next six months, and 60 percent are already making plans.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies