Virgin Voyages Names Third Ship
Virgin Voyages has announced that its third ship will be named Resilient Lady, which seems very fitting for the current times.
The vessel is scheduled to debut in the Mediterranean in July 2022, offering two different 7-night itineraries from Athens, Greece.
Resilient Lady will be the line’s second ship in the Mediterranean, following Valiant Lady in 2022.
Bill Introduced in Hopes to Save Alaska Season
Two Alaska senators have introduced a bill in Congress that could allow mainstream cruise ships to sail to the state this year.
The bill, called the “Alaska Tourism Recovery Act,” would temporarily allow foreign-flagged ships to sail to Alaska without a mandatory stop in Canada.
It would temporarily classify roundtrip cruises between Washington state and Alaska as foreign voyages, so that they wouldn’t have to stop in a foreign country as per the Passenger Vessel Services Act.
A change is necessary to save the Alaska season after Canada extended its ban on cruise ships through February 2022.
MSC Introduces Two New Specialty Restaurants
MSC Cruises has revealed that its new ship Virtuosa will have two brand-new specialty restaurants.
Hola! Tacos & Cantina will offer Latin American and Mexican-inspired dishes such as beef empanadas, tamales, and blue corn tacos alongside a delicious salsa bar and ice cream taco bar.
A Vietnamese and French fusion restaurant called Indochine will offer a variety of health-conscious dishes such as veggie Vietnamese Crêpes and Green Papaya Salad.
MSC Virtuosa is scheduled to debut in the Mediterranean next month.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Rescues 8 People Off the Coast of Florida [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Resumes Sailings From Los Angeles
- Royal Caribbean CEO: ‘It’s Time to Focus on the Future’