Virgin Voyages Names Third Ship
Virgin Voyages has announced that its third ship will be named Resilient Lady, which seems very fitting for the current times.
The vessel is scheduled to debut in the Mediterranean in July 2022, offering two different 7-night itineraries from Athens, Greece.
Resilient Lady will be the line’s second ship in the Mediterranean, following Valiant Lady in 2022.
Bill Introduced in Hopes to Save Alaska Season
Two Alaska senators have introduced a bill in Congress that could allow mainstream cruise ships to sail to the state this year.
The bill, called the “Alaska Tourism Recovery Act,” would temporarily allow foreign-flagged ships to sail to Alaska without a mandatory stop in Canada.
It would temporarily classify roundtrip cruises between Washington state and Alaska as foreign voyages, so that they wouldn’t have to stop in a foreign country as per the Passenger Vessel Services Act.
A change is necessary to save the Alaska season after Canada extended its ban on cruise ships through February 2022.
MSC Introduces Two New Specialty Restaurants
MSC Cruises has revealed that its new ship Virtuosa will have two brand-new specialty restaurants.
Hola! Tacos & Cantina will offer Latin American and Mexican-inspired dishes such as beef empanadas, tamales, and blue corn tacos alongside a delicious salsa bar and ice cream taco bar.
A Vietnamese and French fusion restaurant called Indochine will offer a variety of health-conscious dishes such as veggie Vietnamese Crêpes and Green Papaya Salad.
MSC Virtuosa is scheduled to debut in the Mediterranean next month.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies