Carnival Cruise Line Still Planning on July Restart
In an exclusive interview with NBC Nightly News’ Lester Holt, Carnival president Christine Duffy revealed that the line is still planning on a July restart. Duffy said that Carnival is in active discussions with the CDC again, and believes that the CDC now has the same goal as the president — to reopen the U.S. by July 4.
When asked whether it’s realistic to expect all passengers and crew to be vaccinated, the exec said that there’s no mandate for other businesses to have that requirement, and cruising doesn’t want to be treated any differently.
The full TV interview aired Monday evening on NBC Nightly News.
Norwegian Prima Sets Booking Record
Norwegian’s upcoming ship Norwegian Prima opened for bookings last week, and set a cruise line record for bookings on its first day and week of sales.
Sailings will begin in August 2022, and the ship will visit destinations like northern Europe, the Caribbean, and Bermuda during her inaugural season.
Norwegian Prima is the first of six ships in Norwegian’s new Prima class.
U.S. River Line Looking to Hire Officers and Crew Members
U.S.-based river line American Queen Steamboat Company has announced that it’s currently seeking to hire over 200 officers and crew members.
The company is already sailing two ships, and is launching another in June for a nearly sold-out season. A fourth vessel will resume cruises later this summer.
A wide range of onboard hotel and marine roles are available. Visit americanqueensteamboatcompany.com/careers to view available positions.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
- Royal Caribbean President Defends ‘Complicated’ Vaccination Policies
- Florida Lawsuit To Lift Cruising Restrictions Back In Court
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Despite Texas Vaccine Law, Carnival Cruise Line Set to Sail Out of Galveston
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS4 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs