Royal Caribbean Submits Restart Plans
On Friday, Royal Caribbean submitted restarts plan to the CDC.
President Michael Bailey posted on Facebook, in part: “Yesterday Royal Caribbean submitted the first of several port/health plans to the CDC which are required to receive approval for the simulated voyages which are required to precede approval for regular cruises.”
Now, the line waits for CDC approval. Also on Friday, Royal Caribbean Group announced it would be sailing three ships to Alaska this year: Serenade of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, and Celebrity Summit.
Serenade of the Seas was in Miami on Sunday to vaccinate over 200 crew members.
Carnival Ships Begin Livery Updates
We are now seeing what the older Carnival Cruise Line ships will look like with the new red, white, and blue livery.
Carnival Magic is currently in a shipyard in Marseille, France getting a fresh coat of paint and some general maintenance. The dry dock is scheduled to be completed today.
Next up will be Carnival Glory in June.
Symphony of the Seas Enters Dry Dock
Royal Caribbean’s Symphony of the Seas entered dry dock in Cadiz, Spain last week for general maintenance and work. At over 228,000 gross registered tons, she is the largest cruise ship in the world by gross tonnage.
Once cruises resumes in the United States, Symphony will sail Caribbean voyages from PortMiami’s Terminal A.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
- Royal Caribbean President Defends ‘Complicated’ Vaccination Policies
- Florida Lawsuit To Lift Cruising Restrictions Back In Court
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Despite Texas Vaccine Law, Carnival Cruise Line Set to Sail Out of Galveston
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS4 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs