Royal Caribbean Receives Test Cruise Approval
Royal Caribbean has officially become the first cruise line to receive approval to operate test cruises.
The line will be able to sail simulated voyages with volunteer passengers in late June to test out its health and safety protocols.
Test cruises are a requirement from the CDC for ships that won’t guarantee they are sailing with mostly vaccinated crew and guests, which Royal Caribbean won’t do because it carries so many families with kids.
Holland America Extends Eurodam’s Mediterranean Season
Holland America has extended Eurodam’s season in the Mediterranean this summer.
The ship will operate four previously-scheduled cruises to Greece starting in August, before taking over for itineraries that were originally set for Westerdam.
Those booked on Westerdam’s 12-night voyages from September 12 to October 30 will automatically be moved over Eurodam.
Bookings open on May 27, and will be available to fully-vaccinated passengers only.
MSC Virtuosa Successfully Completes First Cruise
MSC’s new ship Virtuosa has successfully completed her first sailing with passengers, which also happened to be the first sailing of any cruise line from the UK since the industry shutdown.
These British Isles sailings are only open to UK residents, but there is no vaccine requirement.
Now, the ship is on its second of four inaugural voyages before regular revenue cruises — also around the British Isles — begin on June 12.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mardi Gras Behind The Scenes: How Carnival’s First LNG Ship Fuels Up
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean President Defends ‘Complicated’ Vaccination Policies