Carnival Ships Arrive in Texas
Both the Carnival Breeze and Carnival Vista sailed into the Port of Galveston on Sunday afternoon.
Their arrival came one day before a Monday event that’ll focus on the importance of the return of cruising and the economic impact caused by the 14 month pause in operations.
There’s no word yet on when ships will be able to welcome passengers back, although recent meetings between the CDC and the cruise industry have had a far much more positive tone than any other conversation to date.
PortMiami Begins Crew Vaccine Program
Over the weekend, PortMiami began vaccinating cruise ship crew members, and will continue to do so throughout the week, according to a statement.
On Saturday, crew members from Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas received their first round of shots. In total, 900 crew members will be vaccinated over the next week. Last week, the port started vaccinating port and dock workers.
Port Canaveral is also starting the same program.
MSC Cruises Begins Crew Vaccine Program
MSC Cruises announced over the weekend that it will be offering fleet-wide vaccinations.
The program is slated to start with the first ten ships returning to service, followed by those scheduled to sail from U.S. ports.
MSC became the first cruise line to resume sailings last August, and has safely carried over 65,000 guests since then.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 3: Just Another Perfect Sea Day
- Photos: 12 Bars & Lounges on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- U.S. Virgin Islands Bans Cruise Ships Unless All Eligible Guests Are Vaccinated
- Royal Caribbean Reveals When Remaining Cruise Ships Will Sail
- San Juan Welcomes First Cruise Ship Visit in 16 Months
- Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 2: Sip & Sea Day
- Norwegian Cruise Line Expands Starbucks Partnership
- MSC Cruises Resumes Sailings From United States
- Photos: 13 Restaurants on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Princess Successfully Completes First U.S. Voyage Since 2020
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
REVIEWS3 days ago
Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 1: Let’s Get This Party Started
REVIEWS1 day ago
Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 2: Sip & Sea Day