Texas Port Holds Cruise Rally, Crew Members Receive Vaccinations
A day after Carnival Breeze and Vista arrived in the Port of Galveston, the port hosted a rally to demonstrate how important cruising is to the Texas economy. Speakers included Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy, Galveston Mayor Dr. Craig Brown, and the port’s CEO and Director Rodger Rees.
Nearby, crew members from both ships received COVID-19 vaccinations from the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston.
Carnival is hoping to resume passenger operations in the U.S. by early July.
MSC Seaside Resumes Sailing
And MSC Cruises officially has two ships now sailing in the Mediterranean.
MSC Seaside joined MSC Grandiosa at sea this past Saturday, beginning a schedule of seven-night cruises in Italy and Malta. Starting in June, the voyages will include a private beach experience in Taranto exclusively for MSC Seaside guests.
Eight more ships, including new flagship MSC Seashore, are set to join Seaside and Grandiosa for European cruises this summer.
Norwegian Launches Teacher Contest
And finally, Norwegian Cruise Line has announced the relaunch of its ‘Norwegian’s Giving Joy’ contest in recognition of educators throughout the U.S. and Canada.
The line is asking for nominations of teachers who demonstrate a passion for teaching and bringing joy to their students. People can then vote for their favorite nominees. The top 100 educators will win a seven-night cruise for two, and one grand prize winner will be awarded with a $25,000 donation for the school where they teach.
You can nominate a teacher and vote at nclgivingjoy.com.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Forced to Cancel Two Horizon Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line’s John Heald on Increased Capacity, Pier-Side Testing, Football and More
- MSC Cruises Christens New Ship in Dubai
- Welcome Back: Another Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 29, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Key West Reopened to Cruise Ships Over Weekend, Restrictions Apply
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras