Welcome to the Cruise Radio News Brief for the Week of April 19, 2020 where we bring you the latest cruise news, our weekly podcast, and recent YouTube videos.
1. Norwegian Cruise Line announced that it will be canceling all sailings through June 30, resuming operations on July 1. Guests can choose to receive either a 100% refund or a 125% Future Cruise Credit of their original fare, which can be applied toward any future cruise through December 31, 2022.
2. Carnival Panorama is en route to Asia to take Carnival Cruise Line crew members home safely. The ship’s voyage will take nearly three weeks and 8,200 miles to arrive in Manila, Philippines. Carnival Panorama is the cruise lines newest ship, having debuted only a few months ago in December 2019 in Long Beach, California.
3. The U.S. Department of State is warning of significant delays in the process to renew or apply for a passport. While this doesn’t mean you cannot still submit your application, the State Departments is cautioning that is likely to take longer than the usual 6-8 weeks for any turnaround service.
4. Norwegian Sun received new itineraries sailing to Mexico, Key West, and the Bahamas in lieu of the canceled Alaska season this summer. The ship will sail a variety of three-, four-, and five-night cruises from Port Canaveral, with all itineraries stopping at Norwegian Cruise Line’s private island Great Stirrup Cay.
5. P&O Cruises and Cunard Line, both cruise lines sailing under Carnival Corporation, have joined many other cruise lines in canceling cruises into July. Both cruise lines are offering guests the choice of a 125% Future Cruise Credit or a 100% refund.
Featured Article: Cancellations, Compensation and Refund Policies by Cruise Line
With cruises still suspended until almost July, thousands more people have now had their cruise canceled by the cruise lines. This comprehensive article of cancellations, compensation, and refund policies by cruise line is meant as a guideline to explain what to expect from each cruise line regarding these policies.
This Week’s Podcast: Norwegian Jewel 2020 Review
This week we hear a review of Norwegian Jewel, the first of Norwegian Cruise Line’s Jewel-class vessels. This particular cruise departed from Sydney, Australia, for Auckland, New Zealand. Listen in to hear details of the cruise, itinerary, and how to approach this bucket list trip.
Featured Video: Great Stirrup Cay Island Tour
While we’re all still in quarantine, this video of Norwegian Cruise Line’s private island in the Caribbean is what our dreams are made of these days.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Port Overview: Portland, Maine
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption