Welcome to the Cruise Radio News Brief for the Week of April 19, 2020 where we bring you the latest cruise news, our weekly podcast, and recent YouTube videos.
1. Norwegian Cruise Line announced that it will be canceling all sailings through June 30, resuming operations on July 1. Guests can choose to receive either a 100% refund or a 125% Future Cruise Credit of their original fare, which can be applied toward any future cruise through December 31, 2022.
2. Carnival Panorama is en route to Asia to take Carnival Cruise Line crew members home safely. The ship’s voyage will take nearly three weeks and 8,200 miles to arrive in Manila, Philippines. Carnival Panorama is the cruise lines newest ship, having debuted only a few months ago in December 2019 in Long Beach, California.
3. The U.S. Department of State is warning of significant delays in the process to renew or apply for a passport. While this doesn’t mean you cannot still submit your application, the State Departments is cautioning that is is likely to take longer than the usual 6-8 weeks for any turnaround service.
4. Norwegian Sun received new itineraries sailing to Mexico, Key West, and the Bahamas in lieu of the canceled Alaska season this summer. The ship will sail a variety of three-, four-, and five-night cruises from Port Canaveral, with all itineraries stopping at Norwegian Cruise Line’s private island Great Stirrup Cay.
5. P&O Cruises and Cunard Line, both cruise lines sailing under Carnival Corporation, have joined many other cruise lines in canceling cruises into July. Both cruise lines are offering guests the choice of a 125% Future Cruise Credit or a 100% refund.
Featured Article: Cancellations, Compensation and Refund Policies by Cruise Line
With cruises still suspended until almost July, thousands more people have now had their cruise canceled by the cruise lines. This comprehensive article of cancellations, compensation, and refund policies by cruise line is meant as a guideline to explain what to expect from each cruise line regarding these policies.
This Week’s Podcast: Norwegian Jewel 2020 Review
This week we hear a review of Norwegian Jewel, the first of Norwegian Cruise Line’s Jewel-class vessels. This particular cruise departed from Sydney, Australia, for Auckland, New Zealand. Listen in to hear details of the cruise, itinerary, and how to approach this bucket list trip.
Featured Video: Great Stirrup Cay Island Tour
While we’re all still in quarantine, this video of Norwegian Cruise Line’s private island in the Caribbean is what our dreams are made of these days.
- Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
- Cruise Execs Reveal Where First Cruise Ships Could Sail From
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 17, 2020
- Cruise Lines Explain Delayed Refunds
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise Line Changes Its “No Buffets” Stance
- Virgin Voyages Won’t Set Sail Until October 16
- Cruise Podcast: Holland America Zuiderdam + News
- Big Cruise News Comes Out Of Royal Caribbean Earnings Call
- Royal Caribbean Cancels Sailings Through July